Well-done lane sharing video

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check it out. If you're not fortunate enough to live in California, share it around!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bs5PYRYb3_4[/video]

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Splittings legal here as well, great way to reduce the traffic (jams) :thumbup:
Here we normally use the space between the outside lane and the next one to travel in but I guess you guys generally have wider lanes so space isn't really an issue there.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My first and only time filtering was during my family trip back to CA. My wife and I were following Cliff, we rented a R1200RT[emoji47]. I can see how it helps with traffic, but was a little intimidating on a touring bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
My first and only time filtering was during my family trip back to CA. My wife and I were following Cliff, we rented a R1200RT[emoji47]. I can see how it helps with traffic, but was a little intimidating on a touring bike

I know what you mean, I gave myself a slight heart attack once when halfway through some major traffic I remembered I had the panniers on!

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
It was really strange to see bikes sitting in traffic last time I was in the states. The first I thought he'd broken down and stopped to ask if he was OK! That got some weird looks.......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just returned from my road trip from Santa Clara Ca, and I did my share of splitting. Rush hour traffic was horrendous in Sacramento of all places, and a crash on the Interstate on Sunday required me to split as well. I can say I must have saved an hour''s time in each situation by doing so. The drivers really pay attention, most see me coming and most move over when it really wasn't necessary. I had my panniers on my Multi so it was a bit more challenging splitting versus my FZ. I didn't want to wack the side of panniers against somebody's car so there were several occasions where I just had to wait until there was a large enough gap. I noticed that there was another rider behind me, lucky him. Letting me do all the work paving the way. God bless the state of California and all of their drivers. When it comes to motorcycle awareness, they are the best.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, California drivers are much more aware and courteous these days. Every once in a while you experience a driver who isn't aware or has emotional problems and you just deal with it. It does take experience to do it safely and there are rude motorcyclists that make it harder to convince drivers this is a good idea.
This is a good video! :rockon:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny, traffic in Sacramento is getting bad but usually worse on the weekends. Try lane splitting on a Wing, that'll put hair on your chest!

Last year I had to lane split for 30 miles on I-80 with my wife on the bike....she wouldn't talk to me for an hour after that:eek:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
try filtering in any other state, just went to the front and it cost me $1300 to pass 3 cars while it was tornado weather lol