Need Help What is this rubber seal called and where can I buy one?

Mr_Green

Reaction score
Visit site
As the title says. What is this rubber seal called and where can I buy one? It’s definitely a bit bent out of shape from the bikes long slumber and is not fully sealing around the gas tank opening.

if I move the bike around while I’m working on it I can definitely smell gas.

Attachments

• DD14D9F6-A8F0-4102-B8D1-C24A9573B028.jpeg
    DD14D9F6-A8F0-4102-B8D1-C24A9573B028.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 21BE89C4-B1F6-4E6B-91B6-F1D6FC74CB8C.jpeg
    21BE89C4-B1F6-4E6B-91B6-F1D6FC74CB8C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

this is a great place to find parts, all the fiche contain every component and are labelled with corresponding part numbers. Alas the tank cap comes as an assembly not as individual bits. you might just have to go to a plumbers supply or auto shop for the rubber ring gasket

I have ordered stuff from Ron Ayres and they are pretty fast with components even sending down under.
cheers

Mr_Green

Reaction score
Visit site

this is a great place to find parts, all the fiche contain every component and are labelled with corresponding part numbers. Alas the tank cap comes as an assembly not as individual bits. you might just have to go to a plumbers supply or auto shop for the rubber ring gasket

I have ordered stuff from Ron Ayres and they are pretty fast with components even sending down under.
cheers

Thanks for the link. I saw this as well a few days ago but was very frustrated that it I would have to buy a whole new cap. Ill check a plumbing store after work today. If I cant find something comparable maybe one of the cheaper ($15-$30) models on ebay or amazon would be fine to just use the gasket from?