• Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 3.9%

• Total voters

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Starting to look for a new helmet and color options seem to be limited in some brands and amazingly diverse in others - what do you have? Lets see what everyone else likes on here.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
SILVAH! but thats soon to change. i hate my helmet (scorpion exo1000 small) its loud, falling apart after 2 years (only ridden about 4500mi), and not super comfortable.

Edit:

Recently bought an Arai RX-Q in WHITE, as promised.

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SILVAH! but thats soon to change. i hate my helmet (scorpion exo1000 small) its loud, falling apart after 2 years (only ridden about 4500mi), and not super comfortable.

looking at Arai XD4, Shoei RF-11, and Bell RS-1. Next helmet will be white, period (especially for that money).

This cracks me up! :D I have an EXO1000 XXXL, "silvah", 28,000 miles since I bought it in '08, and its very comfortable!
Its fascinating that we all have different experiences with the same equipment, but then I guess that's what forums are for. And we all have different heads!
Two things I don't like about my EXO: the "pump-up" cheekpads are useless to me, it fits perfectly with them empty (guess I'm a jowly kinda guy) and I've broken snaps removing the inner liner for washing.
At almost five years old I'm ready for a new lid, the EXO replacements aren't on the market yet and I'll be hitting the local shops to try on others, the only hard requirement is a flip-down sun shield, absolutely love that feature.
The guy who sold me my EXO convinced me to buy a silvah helmet as it would go with any bike I'd get in the future; but, I sure wish I'd bought a blue one to match my '07 Faster Blue, which I still own and intend to until it falls apart. :thumbup:

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
This cracks me up! :D I have an EXO1000 XXXL, "silvah", 28,000 miles since I bought it in '08, and its very comfortable!
Its fascinating that we all have different experiences with the same equipment, but then I guess that's what forums are for. And we all have different heads!
Two things I don't like about my EXO: the "pump-up" cheekpads are useless to me, it fits perfectly with them empty (guess I'm a jowly kinda guy) and I've broken snaps removing the inner liner for washing.
At almost five years old I'm ready for a new lid, the EXO replacements aren't on the market yet and I'll be hitting the local shops to try on others, the only hard requirement is a flip-down sun shield, absolutely love that feature.
The guy who sold me my EXO convinced me to buy a silvah helmet as it would go with any bike I'd get in the future; but, I sure wish I'd bought a blue one to match my '07 Faster Blue, which I still own and intend to until it falls apart. :thumbup:

I've been looking at the Shoei Neotec, I grabbed a multitec from Ozmodius in blue and it matches my bike color like no ones business and looks fantastic, but the shape of the interior just doesnt fit my head. So I have to sell it before making another purchase.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

looking at Arai XD4, Shoei RF-11, and Bell RS-1. Next helmet will be white, period (especially for that money).

Exo-1000 for me too. I checked the measurements and bought a medium, I wasn't sure about it at first, but once it broke in I really love it.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
images

shoei xr1100 swell
very comfy pretty good vision and much much quieter than my old KBC

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
2011-Bell-RS-1-Panic-Zone-Helmet.jpg

my exo-1000 is plain silver

im looking at this in the white and gold. not too flashy and im a fan of the bandana/paisley print.

honestly, i wouldn't dislike my EXO1000 so much if it wasn't falling apart. I dont mistreat my gear either. I keep my helmet in the bag, clean it after every/every other ride, stored on a shelf in my A/C bedroom, and yet all of the exterior pieces are falling off and all of snaps have been replaced (under warranty at least).

hattu345

Reaction score
Visit site
Plain black. I will get a new one soon, with better ventilation and built in protection for the sun.

fmf

Reaction score
Visit site
im looking at this in the white and gold. not too flashy and im a fan of the bandana/paisley print.

honestly, i wouldn't dislike my EXO1000 so much if it wasn't falling apart. I dont mistreat my gear either. I keep my helmet in the bag, clean it after every/every other ride, stored on a shelf in my A/C bedroom, and yet all of the exterior pieces are falling off and all of snaps have been replaced (under warranty at least).

interesting that you say that, I like this helmet much more than my exo-1000. My quick release knobs ALWAYS pop off that helmet and the internal visor drops down just a hair.....well with the already small field of view i can see it when it does that and its distracting. Not to mention the Bells liner is much more comfortable and I find it to be a little more quiet and flows more air. It doesn't flow much more in the upright position, but lean forward just a little to get aggressive and it moves quite a bit.

I wasn't a fan of the paisley look at first, but like it better in hand than i do in pics and its grown on me despite my girlfriend telling me that its confused.....it doesn't know if it wants to be metrosexual with the paisley or badass with the day of the dead skulls LOL. Oh, the Bell is lighter too, and the magnet strap retainer is AWESOME. I didn't think I'd care one way or another, but I miss it when I throw the scorpion on.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I like about my exo is the vents. other then that I HATE it! It is LOUD, the shell is soft (when carrying if I brush up against my knife clip it gouges it)

my first helmet RIP :'( was an Arai rx-7, loved it except for the lack of vents, but all around a much more expensive and better quality helmet.