• scorpions

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • leo vince

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters

Disco@cyclesector

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Leo on my ZX6R. It is loud with the insert taken out. It was pretty quiet with the insert still inside. This is a full system BTW.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested to see the difference. I have the same setup. I've always used the db killers until Thursday when I pulled them out. Above 6000 rpm it was a little too much for me if I was riding for any distance.

I ride with custom earplugs. I feel sorry for the people I rode past on my trip at 8000+ rpm:rockon:

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
so, just a thought.... why are people that have never heard both even voting?

Leo's are louder hands down.

hearing my bike next to Have2befree's bike it was not even close. My Leo's were louder by a long shot than her scorpions.

Reiobard, did you have DB killers in or out? If they were out do you think the Leo's would be louder still if they were in?

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Not voting as I have only had experience with my LV CF kit... no disk no db killers.

But I LOVE them, completely different bike, night and day difference from stock. They have the low throaty rumble at idle, and when you get it rev'd up they scream like a bat outta hell!

Love them.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would judge sound not just from decibels but tone. Tone is formed by how sound pressure expands within the exhaust system as well as length and diameters of the exhaust system. The outer can material does very little for tone as the expansion of sound pressure has to travel through the perforations and into the fiberglass. This absorbs some of the high frequency component leaving a lower warmer tone.

Most slip ons have a perforated inner tubing surrounded by fiber glass packing in an outer shell (the can) There is the inlet and the outlet with tip on each end of the can. Fiber glass density and filament size can vary the tone as well.

I hear an inline 4 bike in my neighbor hood go by every day. I can hear it has no internals for an exhaust. It sounds loud with a very tinny resonance. It certainly will not improve it's performance sounding like that and it doesn't sound good to me.
You hear a lot of Harleys running straight pipes and when they're on the throttle you can hear that brappy metal resonance. Yeah they are loud but brappy loud! Lol!

If you're looking for loudness a straight pipe will give you that and it's much cheaper. If you want tone......:rolleyes:

If I have to choose which exhaust is louder between LV and Scorps it will have to be Two Brothers:eek:! Kidding I haven't heard the Scorpions enough to be a good voter on this. I do love the LV tone!