Wheel bearings - anyone who knows what type/size it is?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting a new set of tires next week... :thumbup:

Bike has run 61.000 km so maybe I should change the wheelbearings while the tires are off - even if they seem fine?
Yamaha dealership price here in Denmark is sky high - 100 USD for a set of frontwheel bearings and a whopping 180 USD for the rear :sinister:

We've got bearings in almost all sorts and sizes at work, so maybe one of these work. I just don't want to pull out the old bearing (which might seem fine) and end up with the Yamaha dealership being is my only option.

Anyone know that type and size they are?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
I would Not throw just any random bearing in there... That's kinda scary....
You can look up the rear here too....
2008 FZ6 - FZS6XCL Yamaha Motorcycle FRONT WHEEL Diagram and Parts

93306-00420-00 YAMAHA BEARING

I personally would leave them alone unless they've been submerged or abused in some way...

Oh I would never just throw any random thing in there... We just have lots of different stuff where I work :)
Those prices are almost a steal compared to the dealership - but maybe they won't last for another 60.000 :)

jaffabaffa

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I would like to revive this topic, because the original question was never actually answered.

So, does anyone know?

What size/type wheel bearings do I need to look for?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Front Bearing is Yamaha Part 93306-00420-00, Rear takes a 93306-20531-00 and a 93317-43580-00

If you are replacing the bearings, I would also replace the seals.

If you are looking for aftermarket alternatives you can go with AllBalls parts.

jaffabaffa

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Front Bearing is Yamaha Part 93306-00420-00, Rear takes a 93306-20531-00 and a 93317-43580-00

If you are replacing the bearings, I would also replace the seals.

If you are looking for aftermarket alternatives you can go with AllBalls parts.

Thanks for your reply, Gary!

However, I was actually hoping to find out the the exact measurements/dimensions and specifications of the bearings, so I can just order them directly from my local bearings dealer.

If I go the OEM route, or buy them aftermarket from a well-known name in the motorcycle industry like AllBalls, I pay a ridiculous premium.

Would you or anyone else be able to further enlighten me?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When you remove the bearings the size/spec will be stamped into the race.

The bearings noted above are $25-$45 a piece - there isn’t much room there to gouge you.

I looked up the All Balls Racing parts. The Pivot Works front wheel kit (which includes two bearing and two seals) is $34.75 and the rear kit (two wheel bearing, one needle bearing and two seals) is $73.42. These are good prices and complete kits from a company that is known for using quality bearings. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Last edited:

jaffabaffa

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When you remove the bearings the size/spec will be stamped into the race.

The bearings noted above are $25-$45 a piece - there isn’t much room there to gouge you.

I looked up the All Balls Racing parts. The Pivot Works front wheel kit (which includes two bearing and two seals) is $34.75 and the rear kit (two wheel bearing, one needle bearing and two seals) is $73.42. These are good prices and complete kits from a company that is known for using quality bearings. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Thanks again, Gary!

You're right...

To my big surprise, buying the bearings separately is actually more expensive than buying a dedicated FZ6 bearing kit...

Anyway, for anyone that might be interested in the future, the rear wheel bearing size/type is: 62/28-2RS

For measurements/dimensions, see the picture below:

1674826913383.png