Winter Olympics 2010

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah man it was brutal. watched it in slow mo.

In a way it's a good video to show why NOT to ride stupid on the street. He went from 144km/h to 0 in one sec. Done. So sad.

That aside, I had the most ridiculous time yesterday. Cruising DT with the streets closed off and packed. Loved it! Worst part is that every place is at least $20 to get into and each drink is $10 with tip. But since it's a once in a life time thing for me I'm embracing it in full :)

:rockon:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Lost control at 150 km/h - left the track and smacked into a metal pole.

The pole should have been padded.

Very sad.

Padding the pole wouldn't have made any difference....it still would have killed him. The track was way too fast and dangerous. If it hadn't killed him, it would have killed or severely injured someone else.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are just a few. I haven't uploaded many of my pics from my camera yet. Went to a hockey game on Saturday too.

first pic is from across the water where I live. The lit up sails are the old convention center and to the right is the new one.

Second one is from a friends house on the mountain. You can see the floating Olympic rings. They turn gold when we win gold.

Third is downtown on Granville street which is our biggest entertainment street.

I'm 10min from downtown and Cypress mountain which is where they are holding all the boarding events.

I'll get more up soon........... Canada vs Russia tonight.

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After watching some of the Olympics....Vancouver has been added to my list of places to visit! It looks beautiful. And......

"GO CANADA" :cheer: for the game tonight!

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Urbanj.....I know we addressed this before but I am so jealous that I'm not able to be in V-couver for any part of this. My memories of '80 are some of the best ever. I'm glad you're going to be able to say you were a part of it all.
PS- Canada beats Russia. It has to be. :cheer: