Wisconsin Moto Guzzi Rally (it's for anyone)

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
rallyad.gif

Wisconsin Moto Guzzi Riders

The 27th Annual Wisconsin Moto Guzzi Riders Rally will be held on August 5 - 7, 2011 at Lake Joy Campground. All brands are welcome. Registration is $30 before July 1, 2011 and $45 at the gate. We will feature Wisconsin's best grilled brats & burgers Friday evening, ham, turkey & beef Saturday evening and deluxe continental breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings. As always, Wisconsin's finest refreshments, including soft drinks, will flow from the artesian taps. The rally fee also includes tent camping Friday and Saturday. Lake Joy is located in the heart of Wisconsin's "driftless" region - the area not flattened by the glacier. It is spectacularly scenic riding territory. The campground has clean modern restrooms and showers, and a 60 acre private lake (no fishing license required) with two beaches. Tune in here for late breaking developments.

Now for the personal stuff.. :thumbup: I've been going to this rally for several years. If you preregister, it's $30 and you get fed Friday night, Saturday morning and night, and Sunday morning.. Great clean campground, AND BEER IS INCLUDED IN THE RALLY FEE!!!

Yep. 30 bucks for food, camping and beer (or soda, coffee, etc) I can't stay home at that price!!

Anyway, it's a great bunch of folks.. Usually around 300 people, with about 2/3 riding Guzzi, and the rest is a hodge podge of whatever.. We usually have about 20 people from ADVrider.com camping there, with a nice campfire at night and a tasty bottle of something to pass around. :D

The roads in the area are excellent and you're only 30 minutes or so from the Mississippi River.. Curves and lots of elevation changes everywhere..

And NO, you don't have to ride a Guzzi.. I've never even sat on one, but I go to the IL, IA, MN, and WI Guzzi Rallys.. Great people!! Great food!! Great fun!!!

The following photos are just a few of past visits.. If you have any questions, just ask!!:thumbup:

SDC11322.jpg

IMGP1754.jpg

dugway.jpg

guzzirally.jpg

S4200053.jpg

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got to tell you...Moto Guzzi's are one sexy bike. :BLAA:
If I had the coin, there'd be one parked next to the FZ in the garage.
I'd love to go to the rally if it was only a couple of thousand miles closer..:D

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
THANK YOU PAPER..... I have to work that weekend, but I'm pretty sure I can find someone to switch weekends with. I also Have a buddy with a VFR 800 who I'm sure would love to go..... i'm guessing your going this year right?

Last edited:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
THANK YOU PAPER..... I have to work that weekend, but I'm pretty sure I can find someone to switch weekends with. I also Have a buddy with a VFR 800 who I'm sure would love to go..... i'm guessing your going this year right?

Yep.. I preregistered a couple months ago.
I look forward to this rally every year.. It's just a good old, sit down around the campfire and have a few beers and tell/listen to some stories..

The campground has a bunch of permanant campers that have a golf cart parade on Saturday night..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ritra1bfHYw]YouTube - ‪Golf Cart Parade‬‏[/ame]

And the club shows old racing movies..

The beer wagon usually has 2-3 standard beers (Leinnies, Miller Lite), and usually a few kegs of a good IPA (That's bitter, for our Aussie friends):D

And if you don't drink, there's always soda tappers, as well as several cases of Sharps for those that like NA beer..

Saturday afternoon they hand out awards (distance, age, mileage, etc.) and a bunch of door prizes.. Then they feed ya..:BLAA:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Then why haven't you been banned from this forum? :Flip:

:D

As far as I can tell, because I paid and my good looks.. :thumbup:

I'll miss the bike.. I miss it now.. :(

I bought a big, expensive BMW and for the last two days I've been riding my 26 year old 800..:thumbup: