Would I need a Power Commander...

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting!! I had actually looked at those thinking about doing my own setup. I'll be interested how this turns out, so keep us posted.

A PC is usually not needed for just a slip-on,, that said, even the stock bike "could" use some tweaking with a PC. It still puzzles me how Yamaha can send out stock bikes that have fueling issues right from the dealer.

Last edited:

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike will be perfectly fine without it. With that said, to take full advantage of the exhaust and smooth out the fueling it wouldn't be money wasted IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
I havent seen one in a while, but how much do you think a used PC3 or PC5 would be? Also, do the PC's or anyother type product also correct the speedo or do you need a speedo healer?

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
I havent seen one in a while, but how much do you think a used PC3 or PC5 would be? Also, do the PC's or anyother type product also correct the speedo or do you need a speedo healer?

I think we are all saying the same thing about the EFI tuner (PCIII). It's not really needed with just a slipon, in that, your bike will run fine and you will not be in any danger of causing any engine damage without it. But, some gains in power and efficiency can be made with it, even if your bike is all stock.

I use a Healtech Speedohealer on my FZ1. I have had no real issues with it but I know a lot of people are using the SpeedoDRD (link) successfully and they are a few bucks cheaper and smaller. I plan to buy one for my wifes 07 FZ6 soon. As far I'm aware of, no EFI tuner will correct the speedo error.