Need Help WTB Aftermarket Seat for 05 FZ6

Aggromuffin

Reaction score
Visit site
Zip is 93455. Looking for something more comfortable than this pancake. Suggestions? How permanent of a fix and upgrade is it to get a gel pad and modify my own seat? Thanks!

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are able to control a knife and a stapler, you can create your own seat that will be as, if not more, comfortable then what you can buy...and you'll spend a lot less money. All you need is a new cover (if you even need one) and some 3-layer gel foam, like the Confor linked below:

Aggromuffin

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are able to control a knife and a stapler, you can create your own seat that will be as, if not more, comfortable then what you can buy...and you'll spend a lot less money. All you need is a new cover (if you even need one) and some 3-layer gel foam, like the Confor linked below:

Which level of thickness would be appropriate? 2 inches? Also, is this what you did? If so, how are you liking it? Thanks man!

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done it on other bikes, and wouldn't hesitate to do it on the FZ. While I think 2" would be adequate, I'd pull the cover and take exact measurements.

DeepBarney

Reaction score
Visit site
If you can find a Top Sellerie seat reasonably priced snatch it up. I can vouch for them being very comfortable. So have several other people of fairly different builds and weights than myself.

I suffered from unintended shifting on the stock seat, and despite trying to readjust, would wind up with my nuts riding pillion before I got where I was going. This may or not be an issue for you but if you're going to try the gel insert, I recommend doing a little re-contouring of the seat foam while your at it to provide a more locked in fit. Going by my aftermarket seat I think the ticket is a little less downward sloping, more bolstering where the seat turns up behind your butt, and contour the edges of the seat where your legs hang over.