I think it will be a distraction instead of an aid, and the price of these things could cost more than the bike itself .eek

Here's another "smart helmet" this time from Bell, it doesn't have a HUD but it has a 360 camera that has "collision avoidance" ????
Bell video camera helmet

Last edited:
I guess "Defensive driving" is becoming a thing of the past.

Folks should be looking way ahead, stay out of blind spots, etc ("ride as if invisible"). I don't need a heads up screen to show me a speed limit sign that I can see with the other eye, duh...

Just to add, specifically for "two wheels", "heads up" WON'T warn you of sand, debris in a hard corner you going into, (and other hazards).
Using your noggin and riding accordingly will keep you on two wheels...

I guess "Defensive driving" is becoming a thing of the past.

Folks should be looking way ahead, stay out of blind spots, etc ("ride as if invisible"). I don't need a heads up screen to show me a speed limit sign that I can see with the other eye, duh...

Just to add, specifically for "two wheels", "heads up" WON'T warn you of sand, debris in a hard corner you going into, (and other hazards).
Using your noggin and riding accordingly will keep you on two wheels...

I agree, riding safely has to do with prior planning and that way you shouldn't need these "warnings", I do think there will be a market for helmets with built in camera's though, especially when you see how many people are using camera's on bikes these days.

A built in camera could come in very handy, but I try to keep myself out of those situations to start with.

Now, someone blowing a cross street RED LIGHT, while I have a green light would certainly be welcomed and VERY useful.

Back