Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping that someone can help me out, I have just ordered a Tracer with a rack (standaard from the accessories page).

I was wondering if any one had any experience of mounting another plate or using some kind of adaptor to make a (FZ6) yamaha top box fit it.

This is the rack I have on the FZ6:

rack.jpg

This is the plate when removed from the rack:

Plaat 2.jpg

This is my topbox:

Topbox.jpg

And this is the Tracer rack as supplied by Yamaha:

rack klein.jpg

I realise this is more a topic for the FZ09 site, but I haven't had a response there yet so hopefully the FZ6 community can help :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers :)

Last edited:
It looks like that picture of the assembly has a top case bracket mounted to it. I can't imagine they wouldn't make it so that it facilitates other brand top case assemblies.

And by the way..Congratulations!

It looks like that picture of the assembly has a top case bracket mounted to it. I can't imagine they wouldn't make it so that it facilitates other brand top case assemblies.

And by the way..Congratulations!

Thanks Cliff, I kinda guessed that it should be interchangeable, but just wanted to confirm it, the guy in the shop couldn't guarantee it, but I did get him to agree on selling me the top box for €150 instead of €250 if the plate didn't fit, but obviously it's cheaper to keep my old box.

I'll definately post a pic when I get it, still got to wait a couple of weeks, unfortunately it's in the "slow" blue though :)

Back