Latest bike purchase.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking for a track bike. So naturally I was looking at older R6, R1, 600rr, etc. everything was modified in some halfassed fashion and/or the bike looked better in pics than in person.

So a friend mentioned he was selling one of his bikes:

4572bcd9e2866aeb7c34387b0885c72c.jpg

It is a 2002 model with only 5200 miles. It came with Triumph soft bags as well. That and the price was too good to pass up. Plus, it will make a for a respectable track bike.

This space intentionally left blank.

Congrats! Does the Sprint use the 3-cyl engine, I can't remember?

My '06 Sprint has a triple but it's 1050 cc.

I took it to a track day last year. It was great but I wished I had a lighter weight bike, but I'm just a lady... not a big strong man.

My '06 Sprint has a triple but it's 1050 cc.

I took it to a track day last year. It was great but I wished I had a lighter weight bike, but I'm just a lady... not a big strong man.

Compared to a couple of BMW sport tourers that I previously owned, the Sprint hides its excess weight very well.

Congratulations! That bike looks better than showroom new.The triple is a great configuration for torque and smoothness with a nice wide power band.:rockon:

Congratulations! That bike looks better than showroom new.The triple is a great configuration for torque and smoothness with a nice wide power band.:rockon:

I love my triples so much that I have two. Sprint 1050 and Street Triple R 675.
I've beaten my hubby twice in a drag race with my Street Triple R. Both times he "missed a shift" that's why I won. BS!!!

First time, it was my Street Triple R against his 1986 VFR750 Interceptor (a race bike in it's day)
Second, against his Honda 919 Hornet.

I know, I know. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. I love the thrill of speed though. Haven't gotten any driving awards (yet).

Compared to a couple of BMW sport tourers that I previously owned, the Sprint hides its excess weight very well.

I left all those R6s and Gizzers at the beginning of the straightaway. Dumped it into 2nd gear and pegged the throttle. Oh Joyous speed!!

Lovely bike, but i would be putting on a big diet before tracking it! They are not exactly a lightweight bike.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase, would love that in my garage! :)

Lovely bike, but i would be putting on a big diet before tracking it! They are not exactly a lightweight bike.

I was checking YouTube for some video on track day sprints. The weight does not seem to be a problem.

As for my personal diet, I only weigh 177#. :D

Back