New exhaust on Buell

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
That new Hawk Performance exhaust mod is awesome! The guy takes the stock muffler, cuts a lot of weight and makes it sound and perform better! He does it for cheap too, and made a deal with Erik Buell Racing to sell the race tuned ECU for it :rockon:

Anyway, I had to fix a clamp issue (thanks John!), but now it's ready to go!

Only issue after 20k miles was a clutch cable failure, which created a small oil leak. Fixed that too yesterday and cleaned her up today.

I still love my Buell :ban:

5422627973_2112f5f197_b.jpg

5422627289_89a62fb98a_b.jpg

5423230898_4a903f47c7_b.jpg

5422628623_89f2ab360a_b.jpg

5422629159_17db7afb48_b.jpg

Weren't happy with the last exhaust? I know that can sounded sick! How does this compare?

Bike's still lookin' good dude. Mine's been under a cover for months now... starting to get that itch to get her out, but the snow keeps coming!:spank:

Yeah! :rockon:

Funny! I was lookinjg at big stainless hose clamps at west marine yesterday!

That new Hawk Performance exhaust mod is awesome! The guy takes the stock muffler, cuts a lot of weight and makes it sound and perform better! He does it for cheap too, and made a deal with Erik Buell Racing to sell the race tuned ECU for it :rockon:

Anyway, I had to fix a clamp issue (thanks John!), but now it's ready to go!

Only issue after 20k miles was a clutch cable failure, which created a small oil leak. Fixed that too yesterday and cleaned her up today.

I still love my Buell :ban:

5422627973_2112f5f197_b.jpg

5422627289_89a62fb98a_b.jpg

5423230898_4a903f47c7_b.jpg

5422628623_89f2ab360a_b.jpg

5422629159_17db7afb48_b.jpg

Is there a before and after shot, or are the changes just internal???

:thumbup:

That's funny, I love your Buell too! :BLAA:
Thanks for the pics, now how about an mp3 file of the exhaust? :BLAA:

Weren't happy with the last exhaust? I know that can sounded sick! How does this compare?

Bike's still lookin' good dude. Mine's been under a cover for months now... starting to get that itch to get her out, but the snow keeps coming!:spank:

The clamp I had to mount the Carbon Fiber Jardine ended up digging through the CF and dug a hole through it lol... lots of ppl are having issue with the CF Jardine muffler on the Buell...
The modded stock exhaust sounds a bit quieter than the Jardine and removes the flat spot at around 4-5k rpms.

Is there a before and after shot, or are the changes just internal???

:thumbup:

Different muffler under the bike :) Here is the Jardine:

5002659826_78edda9a3b_b.jpg

That's funny, I love your Buell too! :BLAA:
Thanks for the pics, now how about an mp3 file of the exhaust? :BLAA:

Thanks John :) will do about the sound clip... :rockon:

Last edited:
It's a shame the jardine didn't work out.

Mike had one on his Daytona 675 - CF underseat - looked and sounded sooooo sexy :thumbup:

Wavex - I love this very cool machine!
Stubby bum with and aggressive front. Amazing.
I've hunkered after a buell for ages now! Lovely!
I also saw a mod where the air box/filter (? - Where the tank on a other bikes would be) was a skull and could been seen quite clearly through the cover.
Very nice!:thumbup:

Nice:rockon:. I definitely like the new one better:thumbup:, and I'm betting it sounds nice and deep and growly:rockon:.

On a side note, and to remind people that there is indeed one in every crowd, I reckon that chain needs a bit of lube...looks pretty dry to me:BLAA::spank::spank::ban:

Great looking bike dude. Not sure if Buell does it on majority of their bikes (I have never noticed) but that is the biggest front rotor I have ever seen, ha ha. Wonder if that makes any difference from the standard design :confused:

Anyway looks great man, in for a sound clip

Great pics but the sound , where is the sound :D :thumbup:

We want sound , we want sound , we want sound ;)

C'mon everybody join in :BLAA: We want sound.........

Congrats on the new exhaust.

I have the Hawkins pipe on my Buell also and it sounds sick.

Any MP3 will not do your pipe justice. It has been discribed as sounding like a vintage V8 Camero. It is kinda Harley like but not really.

I had also read that the Jardine needed repacking occastionally where as the Hawk pipe uses baffles vs packing.

Enjoy.

David - Did you get the Race ECU to go with it?

Not yet Pete :) Trying to save up for the Euro trip coming up :rockon:

Have you been riding the new track toy lately?

Wavex - I love this very cool machine!
Stubby bum with and aggressive front. Amazing.
I've hunkered after a buell for ages now! Lovely!
I also saw a mod where the air box/filter (? - Where the tank on a other bikes would be) was a skull and could been seen quite clearly through the cover.
Very nice!:thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah the plastics are "see-thru" on the '09+ models... never seen a skull air filter though :rolleyes:

Great pics but the sound , where is the sound :D :thumbup:

We want sound , we want sound , we want sound ;)

C'mon everybody join in :BLAA: We want sound.........

lol here is the stock vs Jardine comparison... will do a similar video with the modded stock pipe soon :cheer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8xWgkGPp8U"]YouTube - XB12S Stock vs Jardine[/ame]

Back