2008 Yamaha FZ6 rear right running light does not turn on, yet the same bulb WILL turn on for the tu

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This sounds like a good time to use a test lamp as it draws current vs an ohm meter that draws no current.

Also, as suggested earlier, i would swap lamp holders from left to right for a quick test (at the three conductor plug). Note; pull the inner panel (6 or screws), unplug the two left hand connectors, then the two 12 mm hex heads at the triple and the fairing is in your hands. You can do a complete inspection of the harness and swap the lamp holders....

Inspecting the inner fairing connections is a value add as you may have lost your ground there.

mett248

Reaction score
Visit site
THANK YOU! This diagram helps a lot, I'll try to swap the sides and see what it does as well as replace the bulb. Where would my main ground be in this instance as well? If it's a wire to a screw somewhere maybe its time to clean it of any rust deposits.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone posted about a month ago(electrical issues, looking for the main ground too) and
I believe he said it was to the frame, maybe around the battery, under the tank???

I'm not positive on that....

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you unplug the 3 prong connectors (white) and ohm the black wire to chassis you can work your way from socket, to connector, to main fairing disconnect. Because one side works and the other doesnt the weak link is likely the socket or white connector unless someone has hacked in a wire and broke the ground path.
attachment.php

attachment.php

mett248

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who replied, this issue has now been SOLVED! The socket must have been faulty, replaced it with a new one and the rear light issue went away.