Specs, etc....
Sprint GT | Triumph Motorcycles

View attachment 29094

View attachment 29095

View attachment 29096

View attachment 29097

View attachment 29098

View attachment 29099

I have been building my other FZ6 into a tourer of late, and whilst the FZ6 is a great touring bike...i am very tempted by Triumph's latest offering, firstly, cause it looks like a fantastic puropse built bike, but also because it is such incredible value...just $16000 in Australia, it is a variation of the fabulous Triumph Sprint ST...

The differences between the sprint ST, and the sprint GT, are many, apart from sharing the same frame, some of the more noticeable differences are as follows...

New front end set up with enhanced reflector headlight.
Low slung, side mounted exhaust.
80mm longer wheelbase.
seat height of 815mm.
Revised front suspension
New rear suspension, with a remote pre-load adjuster wheel.
ABS brakes as standard
different rear subframe.
low pillion seat height.
lower pillion footpegs.
rear rack incorporating grab rails.
is rather weighty at 268kg wet...but apparently, according to AMCN, has a low COG, and hides it's weight well...
1537mm wheelbase..... :eek:
31 lire panniers included in the purchaes price!
An optional 51 litre Top box, with power outlet.

Of course it's got that great 3 cylinder 1050cc Triumph Donk, which has proven itself in many Triumph's now! 94kw (126hp) of power, 80Nm of torque...plenty enough for me!!!

A touring range of about 320km's...which is heaps! i usually dont get past 200km's without a stop!

Anyway, i think the bike looks just right, and those panniers fit in rather snugly...and i reckon for the long haule, this bike would just eat up the miles!!!

Available in Australia in September..which is Birthday time for me...so i could be buying myself a nice new bike for myself this year...i wonder what i would get for my 07FZ6n "tourer"??? As a trade in on a new bike???

I must admit, i am pretty keen on this bike! more so, than i was with the BMW K1300R...which ultimately was too expensive, and too hard for me to justify finding $30000 to spend on! Even if the BMW is "sex on wheels" IMHO!

But at $16000, this Triumph is quite obtainable!

And according to the review taken from the World Launch in AMCN magazine, the bike is a real winner, great handler, great ergonomics, decent brakes...and that lovely Triumph motor...

What do you think folks???

Nice choice mate,never ridden a trumpy so I cant really comment on them.
But based on looks,specs and price I would say go for it :thumbup:

You want one , i NEED one :D... Thats what i tell Mrs Humpy anyways but all i get is "what do you want 2 bikes for " or "you only just bought that one" :spank:... Women just dont get it :D... The Triple sound :drool: :drool: the looks :drool: the price :eek: WIN WIN WIN !!!!!!

You want one , i NEED one :D... Thats what i tell Mrs Humpy anyways but all i get is "what do you want 2 bikes for " or "you only just bought that one" :spank:... Women just dont get it :D... The Triple sound :drool: :drool: the looks :drool: the price :eek: WIN WIN WIN !!!!!!

Yeah as far as deluxe armchairs go..it's right up there IMHO! not too big, but still big enough to "lounge in", sprtyish ride potential...for places like the GOR two up!

Plenty of grunt! And it looks so "cohesive" from front to back...like it was purpose built, which it is...

As for the Missus, tell her that you are really still a big kid, and you NEED your toys...And that you will be "Mr Grumpy", instead of 'Mr Humpy"! ;) until you get another bike! :D

:thumbup:

Yeah as far as deluxe armchairs go..it's right up there IMHO! not too big, but still big enough to "lounge in", sprtyish ride potential...for places like the GOR two up!

Plenty of grunt! And it looks so "cohesive" from front to back...like it was purpose built, which it is...

As for the Missus, tell her that you are really still a big kid, and you NEED your toys...And that you will be "Mr Grumpy", instead of 'Mr Humpy"! ;) until you get another bike! :D

If only it were that easy to pull the toys line , tried that & she throws my boat at me :( Snookered :spank:... If i become Mr Grumpy i get no Mr Humpy :eek: :D :ban:

Have you ridden a FJR yet Wolfy, I am very tempted to buy my old mans as he is selling soon to buy the extremely FUGLY Super Tenere, they are an awesome machine, so much power, but I'd have to sell the FZ. Atleast I have a few months to think it over.

Try a 1400GTR. Rode one a few weeks ago & all I can say is Wow.

Too much like a "Cruise liner" in size for me....

Have you ridden a FJR yet Wolfy, I am very tempted to buy my old mans as he is selling soon to buy the extremely FUGLY Super Tenere, they are an awesome machine, so much power, but I'd have to sell the FZ. Atleast I have a few months to think it over.

So much power.....maybe truckloads of torque, but HP wise the FJR is on a par with an FZ6....ESPECIALLY IF YOU CONSIDER THE CONSIDERABLE WEIGHT DIFFERENCE...

Anyway, i have satisfyed my "naked" fetish with the black bike....regardless of the fact, that the XJR has been universally lawded as an awesome bike in every review i have ever read, and can understand Humpy's affection for his very manly bike!

Too much like a "Cruise liner" in size for me....

So much power.....maybe truckloads of torque, but HP wise the FJR is on a par with an FZ6....ESPECIALLY IF YOU CONSIDER THE CONSIDERABLE WEIGHT DIFFERENCE...

Anyway, i have satisfyed my "naked" fetish with the black bike....regardless of the fact, that the XJR has been universally lawded as an awesome bike in every review i have ever read, and can understand Humpy's affection for his very manly bike!

I think you are getting my very manly XJR :drool: mixed up with the more potent (power wise) FJR Ulysses mobile :eek: Gerard was reffering to :thumbup: They are gorgeous to look at but sooo freakin' expensive :spank: and too wide in the tank for me to be comfy..

I think you are getting my very manly XJR :drool: mixed up with the more potent (power wise) FJR Ulysses mobile :eek: Gerard was reffering to :thumbup: They are gorgeous to look at but sooo freakin' expensive :spank: and too wide in the tank for me to be comfy..

Yes, i think i am....Lol! it's been a long few days with work! My brain is properly fried! :D

Buy it
Buy it
Buy it

:D:D:D

As I type this Mike is actually reading his Triumph newsletter that arrived - big write up on the Sprint GT :thumbup:

Last edited:
Buy it
Buy it
Buy it

:D:D:D

As I type this Mike is actually reading his Triumph newsletter that arrived - big write up on the Sprint GT :thumbup:

Would like to know what Mike thinks....evr since i read the Launch report in AMCN, the article has been on "high rotation" in the dunny reading list!

:D

Ok Torque!! Either way the silly old bastard wheelstands every gear and makes me look like a novice (which I am) and this is why I am in awe of them.

My old man is a Ulysses member too lol, although he did get in trouble for his riding with them on numerous occasions, they have these ridiculous riding rules that tend to bore him.

i think triumph nailed it better than honda vfr in the mid tourer market, its surely more equipped and better looking. GO FOR IT :D:D

Back