Anybody in or around ga wanna go to commerce dragstrip friday

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Im really want to take my bike to the dragatrip friday night but I would rather have at least one other bike tag along....anyone want to go and see what they got!?!? I havent checked prices recently but im pretty sure its $15 for the test and tune

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I used to go all the time with my GTP, it was $20 then, and you'd get maybe 4 or 5 runs if you stayed all night. That was getting there at about 7:30 and finally getting through tech by 8:15 or so.

Have fun man, I'd go but I already have plans. Let us know what you run, I'm very interested. I'd run 13.5's all day long at Atl Dragway in my 98 Grand Prix, but run a consistent 13.0 in Reynolds Ga at Silver Dollar Raceway.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If I can get someone to go with I will but whay kind of gtp did you have? The best me and my dad put together was a 92 s10 383 that was built for the 1/8 th but when our local track closed we started going to steel alabama and wich was a 1/4 our best time was 5.78 @ the 1/8 killed the truck because it had no more gear and coasted through the 1/4 a 10.41 :D

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
This is my daily driver (or it was until I got the FZ6), never had an actual race car. She gets about 17.5 MPG to and from work, about 25 on the highway if I'm nice, has cold A/C, and runs away from most cars red light to red light. I did get beat by a new Camaro SS a couple weeks ago, but that car wasn't stock...

Eddie's 1998 Grand Prix GTP

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that is the most modded gtp ive ever sceen and a total sleeper I love it. I didnt even know they offered that many performance parts for them but obviously I was sadly mistaken. That truck I was talkin about started out as a 1960 willey jeepster that we originally slapped a dirttrack 350 in just to go to a burnout competition....2 yrs later we were attempting to turn it into a street/strip rod taking it to the track every weekend while playing with it all week...got it into the 8s on the 1/8 then we twisted and cracked the frame and decided to go with something that wasnt a 2 ton rolling brick wall, so we pulled the motor, bored and stroked it droped it in a short box 92 s10 blew apart a built 9" ford read end.....that wasnt enough so we added a 250 shot of laughing gas built another 9" ford twice as strong with a 5.13 gear, put it on 32x15 slicks and let it roll....and roll it did until dallas dragatrip closed so we had to start going to the next closest track, steel al and at roughly $300 a weekend just for a hobby we had to give it up it was just too far to go and too expensive to have 10sec of fun at a time....but dangit if I dont miss it I use to love going to dallas...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
By the way if anywants to go it dont have to be that track im open to going to others as well, silver dollar, steele alabama just let me know and we can make arangments