Battery to GPS power - newb question

BlueHorizon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

This summer marks my first foray into motorcycling and I am now the proud owner of a 2008 FZ6. One of the reasons I got an FZ6 is the fact that it does have that touring aspect and I'd like to use the bike to discover a bit more of Washington state and perhaps beyond. :thumbup:

Anyway, I realized that I needed some GPS assistance when out and about in order to help guide me on longer rides. I already own a Garmin Nuvi 260W so decided to purchase the mount from RAM which is now on order. However I also need to figure out how to connect it to the battery correctly.

As this is my first season of riding, I haven't gotten round to the whole battery tending side of things so I haven't invested in a device to help out on that front either.

So my question is really around what I should purchase to help power the GPS device and also ensure things are compatible with a battery tender. I've seen a few references to a hardwire barewire power cord (see Hardwire Barewire Power Cord for Garmin Nuvi), however I wasn't sure if I needed bare wires or some other type of connector for the battery (similar to the ends of battery tender device cords).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Back