Bike It Heavy Duty Chain Vice

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
got one of these http://static1.intobikes.co.uk/images/0d7d34cb-spacer.gif

from intobikes.co.uk. The vendor was fine - quick service and polite, decent prices.

The tool seemed fine to begin with, though with a few too many moving parts, but worked well for removing the pin and getting the plate on the master link. When rivetting the second pin however it stretched so all the pressure was absorbed by the vice instead of the pin and is now useless. Fortunately this happened just as the pin was wide enough to hold, but an expensive one-use item.

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the exact same experience with a bike-it tool before. It was pretty much the same tool, only for a push-bike. Got one rivet off then the poor quality metal (if you can call it metal) tore!

Have you tried sending it back? I took mine back to the local bike shop, dropped it on their desk and they immediatly gave me my money back. It shouldn't be able to break itself under its own pressure.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid about £30 for my tool (plus £10 for a mini grinder), I managed to change 2 chains before the riveter broke

i've heard whale tools are highly recommended too, but pricey

CavDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Found the DID tool on indysuperbikes for $79 - but shipping takes it right back to $98 so unless you have a free shipping code not worth it...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Found the DID tool on indysuperbikes for $79 - but shipping takes it right back to $98 so unless you have a free shipping code not worth it...

$20.00 for shipping, jeez..

I know some companies go by the dollor amount, not the size and weight..That tool isn't that large or heavy(certainly no where's near $20.00).