F/S: Gilles Tooling Rear-Set

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SOLD! 07-20-2011

Update (06-03-2011) All parts have been replaced; please see the updated photos in posts 3,4, and 5.

I recently purchased this used set of Gilles Tooling Rearsets under the impression that they were the color "Titanium". The "Titanium color has a very light hue of gold that does not work all that well with my color scheme. Sadly, I am unhappy with the color and will try to find a different option.

Anyway, enough of my sad story :)

Description:
Gilles Tooling Rearsets
Part No: AS31GT
Color: Titanium
MSRP: $539.98
Website: gilles.tooling - Products - rearset AS31GT gold (Y05-G) - description

Asking $350.00 O.B.O. (Price includes shipping to the lower 48 states. Shipping outside of this area is available for an additional fee)

A handful of spare parts will also be included in the sale. i have also added a few "diagrams" to the outside of the Ziploc packaging to outline the assembly as the Gilles Installation Instructions are a bit lacking.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Thank you for looking!

Scott
[email protected]
207-653-4449

Last edited:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update: New photos! All packed up..ready to go!!

Brake Side:

GillesBrakeSide001.jpg

GillesBrakeSide004.jpg

GillesBrakeSide005.jpg

GillesBrakeSide006.jpg

GillesBrakeSide007.jpg

GillesBrakeSide008.jpg

GillesBrakeSide009.jpg

GillesBrakeSide011.jpg

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I see.

Interesting...

I just checked the link on my wife's computer as well as my Blackberry and the photos seem to load without issue.

If you are interested in them I could e-mail them to you?!

I will dig some more to see if there is something wrong with the embedding.

Thank you and I apologize that it is not showing for you.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting...

I just checked the link on my wife's computer as well as my Blackberry and the photos seem to load without issue.

If you are interested in them I could e-mail them to you?!

I will dig some more to see if there is something wrong with the embedding.

Thank you and I apologize that it is not showing for you.

Opened it outside of TapaTalk, and I works just fine. But you're right, a little too bronze for what I want as well. Good luck with the sale - it's a tidy looking piece of kit.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Opened it outside of TapaTalk, and I works just fine. But you're right, a little too bronze for what I want as well. Good luck with the sale - it's a tidy looking piece of kit.

Excellent!

I almost think Gilles should rename the color. I was expecting "Titanium" to be similar to Rizoma's which is a Grayish-Silver.

I am definitely going to stick with Gilles when I purchase another set ('Black" this time). The install was very straight forward and the quality is amazing.

Thank you for the bump!

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How's the installation of this kit? Any 'surprises' or customer bending, work needed?

Thanks!

It is actually pretty straight forward. As I mentioned in the original post, i have tried to clear up some of the "lacking" details on the installation instructions by providing additional diagrams. The trick is to get the proper peg placement before continuing with the rest of the install (Put only the setback plate and peg hanger on the bike; sit on it to see if the position is right and adjust as needed. Once in the right position, then install the levers and linkages...This saves alot of chasing adjustments on the shift linkage).

Hope this helps!

Scott