F/S Shad SH40 topcase and mounting

SmokeEater37

Reaction score
Visit site
**BOTH SOLD**

For sale is a gently used 40 liter hard shell top case by Shad, and the mounting plate. Comes with both lock keys. No cracks or significant damage besides a few normal marks from commuting usage. Has a few stickers, but nothing that can't be removed easily. Only used one season, so is in near new condition. Can hold a full face helmet and then some. Great for large, lightweight, waterproof storage that still leaves room for other luggage or a passenger.
Retails from Shad for $250 shipped. Asking $115 plus shipping to lower 48. Local pickup available in Akron/Cleveland/Canton area.

Also available is the metal mounting bracket for the topcase. Fits '04-'10 FZ6. Fair warning a few screws and plastic grab bar mounting spacers are missing. Can be sourced from Shad easily however. Retails from Shad for $130 shipped. Asking $60 plus shipping.

Here are some pics of it mounted on my FZ6:

Last edited:

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
if it's still available I'm very interested in at least the mounting gear. (pending permission from the wife)

SmokeEater37

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it can be mounted with a fender eliminator installed, as it does not need any of that hardware.
And as long as your aftermarket exhaust is not obscenely wide, it should fit just fine. If you look closely at the second picture, you can see the mounting bar bending down from the mounting plate and going along each side of the tail. The mount secures to the bike using two bolts behind each plastic side pod, and two clamps on the grab rails.
It is very sturdy once attached.
These mounting instructions explain it better: http://www.shad.es/descargas/shad317.pdf

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I thought, I've got a TB exhaust and I've seen others use Shad stuff with the same setup, I was just making sure there isn't more than one type of mounting hardware for some reason.
I'm on my way out the door so I'll get back to you after work in a few hours, I'm 90% sure that I'll take it though, including the case.