First drop due to brain fart

RPF

Reaction score
Visit site
I idled my FZ6 out to the front of the house to warm up a bit. I put down the stand and went back to grab my gloves and helmet - then BOOM. I had not fully extended the kickstand and it dropped on the left side shattering the rear side panel, breaking the flasher assembly connection inside the fairing, and cracking the light housing in two places. ME A STOOPID KLUTZ!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered a new panel ($60!!!!!!!!!!!!!) because I need to protect the electrical connectors now exposed. I lifted that bike up like the incredible hulk I was so pissed. ABS cement worked on the flasher/fairing repair, and I epoxied and plasti-coated the light housing no problem. I know my neighbor saw it happen but he is too kind to mention it.

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As an embarrassed member of the "Dang it I dropped it!" club I can only recommend making a habit of double tapping the sidestand with your boot each time you extend it - to make sure it's all the way out + it looks cool XD

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Done EXATLY THAT AND had the kick stand BREAK in two as I climbed on-board. Tip over at 0 MPH and damage ALL OF THE TIMES...

I'm now SUPER CAREFULL with that stand. Generally a $600 fix every time...