Frame Slider Torque Spec

JohnTex

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received some Motorvation Frame Sliders for my '07. What is the factory torque spec for the installation bolts?

Perfect, guys- that is just what I needed. The sliders are now on the bike.

Thanks for the help. And yes, it is motovation, not motorvation, oops!

Hi all, I just bought a 2007 Fazer and is about to install a pair of Motovation sliders. Thanks for the required torque info. :)

Don't have a torque wrench, but plan to invest in one soon. For now, what does 50 lbs-ft feel like? I installed my motovation frame sliders just now. In order to remove the factory bolts, I needed the help of a wrench on top of my Allen wrench. I wasn't strong enough (I'm a weakling!) When I installed the motovation sliders I realized that my Allen wrench short arm is not long enough to fit in the sliders hole, so I had to use the long arm. I hand tightened it as much as I could and then used the wrench to grab the short arm and tighten it maybe another quarter of a turn. I was afraid to over do it and strip the bolt. It feels fairly tight, but have no clue if it is 40 or 30lbs-ft??? What do you guys think? Once I get a torque wrench I'll double check.
Dani

Last edited:
I think that you'll be surprised at how much more tightening 40 ft lbs is over your intial w/o torque wrench operation. Although it's too late now, it would have been nice if you could have test torqued your original stock engine mount bolts to see how much they were torqued. When I did I found that they were torqued to less than 30 ft lbs...which is still enough really. But, it helps you get a better idea about the whole business.

I did get a feel for how much force I needed to unscrew the OEM bolts, so I tried to reproduce it, but I can only assume that they were tightened to OEM specs...
Dani

Back