FZ6 back on the road. Should I keep it or should I resell?

RuskiMotorcycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

A little while ago when I moved to Texas I bought an '07 FZ6, which I loved dearly. J-walker run out in front of me which made me go down. I spent a lot of time trying to piece the bike back together, cause I'm not a mechanic and didn't have the money to pay for the $1,300+labor repair job.

Before
Before - Album on Imgur

~20K miles, one owner from the dealership, maintained every 3-4K miles for a total of 6 times with records showing everything, polished after every ride, caught in the rain about 5 times. I mean, it was in beautiful condition/

Wrecked
Broken - Album on Imgur

Right fork bent, right controls and lever smashed, right side of handle bar bent, right peg plate (name?) cracked in half, front fairings completely smashed, nicks and bruises up and down the bike. I spared you guys from pictures of the little stuff, though if you want I will gladly include em.

After
After - Album on Imgur

Upgrades-
'03 R6 Forks
Black low Renthal handlebars
CRG shorty levers, red, both
LED circle headlight
Deleted tail into smoked taillight with intergrated turn signals.
Custom built plate-seat+light.
Steel braided Galfer brake lines
Anti-vibration bar-end mirrors.

It's really nothing special, but it was a huge accomplishment for me to take apart the bike, put it back together and get it back on the road. I had two different shops check it out, one of which torqued the front end to specifications and gave it the okay.

I DO have a few questions-I very much so slapped the front lights on...the signals are fine, but the headlight/speedo is definitely poorly mounted and in the incorrect position. I would really love some help/insight into how to go about doing that well, because the $5 of bolts and screws I bought at Home Depot isn't a long-term solution, though very budget friendly.

Also, the R6 forks feel great, but is there anything I should know post-installation for this mod? Suspension adjustment, steering damper, etc?

I don't know if we do shout-out here, but in case we do, big thanks to TownsendsFJR1300, ShoopCE, trepetti, and beatle for their advice and encouragement!