fz6n coolant top line blinking error

Nicu.stoica

Reaction score
Visit site
hello fellows

i would like to share you an interesting issues that shows to my bike

lately, when i wash the bike, after that the bike won`t start... i mean the engine is been acrtioned but the bike won`t start.... so when o but the kill switch in on position i don`tHEAR THE FUEL PUMP.and thebike don`t start..
if i left the bike couple days, the miracle happened and the fuel pump has working and the bike start, but with 1 conditon :

the coolant level, has several lines, and the one on the top is more big than the others, and is flashing...when it`s started, i can`t read nothing on the dashboard
i mean, at start, the dashboard shows all data, but when start, the dash is frozen!! no rpm,no milleage, no trip.. nothings works
so, till now i`ve been checked several times the jack pins from the bike rounnd the dash, and everything liiks great.. the coolant level is ok. the temp sensor checeed, works..

here a short video to see whats is happening with my bike uploaded on youtubeto see the error

really apreciate the hepl guys!!
Cheers

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Regarding the lack of starting when wet, check the kill switch at the right grip. It is known to fail when wet due to corrosion. You might also have moisture in one of the two connectors at the indicator. You might want to separate the connectors, allow to dry, blow out with compressed air and then reassemble with dielectric grease.

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on Gary's suggestion. My bike spends the riding season outdoors, covered when I am not riding. At the start of every season I pull apart as many connectors as I can, spray them with contact cleaner, then apply a good amount of dielectric grease. It's cheap insurance against corroded connectors and electrical problems.

Nicu.stoica

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,i looked to the kill swirch, and applied some electric spray to the contact, and now when i turn on the key, it’s appear an secondary “error”
On the dash right before de milleage appear 000.. Any idea?
Also when i turn on-off kill switch, i heard an click from electric relay Fuel pump under the seat( this is bearing in the past when bike won’t start, and it’s still click now- it dissaper when the fuel pump works

Attachments

• ABDC2C73-A748-4DF4-A5F6-7E152E5F0CFC.jpeg
    ABDC2C73-A748-4DF4-A5F6-7E152E5F0CFC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The '000' on the dash is actually 'odo', short for odometer. This is normal for the mileage display. Use the 'Select' key to change what appears in the display.

Nicu.stoica

Reaction score
Visit site
So, i tryed same thing on-off with the key, and de kill switch on, and after 5 times, of doing on-off with key, the Fule pump has started and the bike started...
now in this video bike started At 2-nd try... and after 4-5shots bike started At first try... but errors remains ...

It’s getting me crazy

Nicu.stoica

Reaction score
Visit site
The '000' on the dash is actually 'odo', short for odometer. This is normal for the mileage display. Use the 'Select' key to change what appears in the display.
YES with the selector i can change, but i didn’t remember that the000 was standard there or not.. the point is that da dash is now frozen

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just looked at your video again. When you start the bike, the display shows 'E', which should show the engine RPM. Yours stays at 0.

It looks like you have a naked bike, which exposes the display to a lot more water than the bikes with a fairing. When you wash the bike, do you use a pressure washer? If you do, stop. Pressure washers do a great job of getting water into parts that are sealed.

Take off the tank and start pulling connectors and cleaning them with contact cleaner. Also when washing the bike be really careful with the engine side covers with the wiring coming out of them. Getting water in there will really cause big problems. When I wash my bike with a hose (not a pressure washer), I tape over those connections to give a little more protectionn.

Nicu.stoica

Reaction score
Visit site
i washed at pressure water till last year(i have a backyard karcher ), when the problems started....
before i wash the bike in my garden extremmelly gently, because i already know the issues, and not working... the watter enter somewhere...
last year i was riding one day 300km in torential rain and violent rainy conditions and the bike worked just well, but man, when i want to cleen the bike with water...its go crazy

the job with conectors ...i was doing that several times(for now all conectors below the dash and headlight are isolated , but i will do it again... and this time i`m gotta isolate the connectors bellow the tank fuel forever, with hot tube, and the wires from side fairings too...hope just that is solve the issue....

any other suggestions are welcome

Nicu.stoica

Reaction score
Visit site
the point is that i had a little incident with the bike, a crash, and the signal radio anthenne from the key contact, has been broken, so it was replaced, and the bike has get rewrtite software, immo off...
wonder if it could be a problem that...i mean maybe the new anthenna has some bad wires or something...

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
YES with the selector i can change, but i didn’t remember that the000 was standard there or not.. the point is that da dash is now frozen

When you say 'frozen', do you mean that you cannot use the buttons to change the display? I have an 05 with the fairing and the buttons on the display are not always very responsive, and that is 'Normal' on my bike.

I am guessing, but it could be that water has gotten into the display when washing. I have heard of this before from other forum members.

Nicu.stoica

Reaction score
Visit site
I mean Frozen, because i can read Any data in the dash... the selectors bittons works fine...
The milleage is remanis At 0
Trip1 trip 2 - cont counting.. it on 0.1km ( from last time it eas reset, didn’t change the vallue
The rpm indicator no show nothing
The milleage not counting

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I strongly believe that water is the issue. I don't know what you mean by the connectors being 'isolated', but I suggest you unplug as many as you can, spray the contacts with cleaner and put them together with dielectric grease.

Nicu.stoica

Reaction score
Visit site
today i get off the fuel tank, unplugged the connectors and applied contact spray
the left fairnig where are the electric rellay present some watter traces, but the rellay was sealed
next days (hope tomorrow), i`ll find the store opens to buy some electric grease, because the stores are close during the ester..
hope that i can come back tomorrow with new updates

thanks so mutch for intervention! ;)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 18.47.05 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 18.47.05 (1).jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 18.47.05 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 18.47.05 (2).jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 4
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 18.47.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 18.47.05.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 4