Howdy! and a question for 07 devotees

NV FZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from Elko, NV. I've been lusting after a FZ6 for some time, and I'm on the verge of the proverbial trigger pull for a nearly pristine '07. My dilemma is that the seller wants almost full retail price for an admittedly gently used bike with barely 1500 miles on it. He claims it's been dealer serviced, stored indoors on a trickle charger, only ridden on Sundays -- to church by a little old lady, etc.

So for the '07 riders/owners out there -- familiar with this breed, what's the max you would pay for a cosmetically clean, very low mileage specimen?

If retail is $4,900 and its way above average condition and appears to have such low miles, I'd personally go as high as that.

The condition, mileage and most importantly how it was maintained(brake, coolant, oil, etc) fluids changed, IMHO is worth it.

I'd have a very knowledgable friend/mechanic as well check it. Make sure it wasn't stored with a half tank of gas (and has a rusty tank inside), preferably with gas stabilizer and the runs as it should. The battery, even with a tender, will probably need replacing within the year.

To save a $1000 on a bike that's been beat on/dropped, not maintained is not worth it to me.. :)

I really like my 07 and like it more everyday I ride it. I bought it used from a friend (for $2K), who's son dropped it several times (4,000 miles). About $1,500 in cosmetic parts, some of my time, its pristine now with many new main parts.. ..

Last edited:
'Preciate the input. We're right in that ballpark, near the mid $4k mark. If i could just get him to meet me in the middle!

Incidentally, my other bike is a '06 FJR.

'Preciate the input. We're right in that ballpark, near the mid $4k mark. If i could just get him to meet me in the middle!

Incidentally, my other bike is a '06 FJR.

Excellent!, you'll enjoy the flickability of the FZ. The best of both worlds..

BTW, if your interested, helmet lock brackets for the FJR:

Last edited:
Back