Immense popularity of the FZ6 in Italy

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
As many of you probably know, the Yamaha FZ6 or "Fazer" has an immense popularity in Europe. It's quite amazing how much. See below just how popular our FZ6 is in Italy. I did a rough translation of a Event Notice/Invitation emailed to me from the FZ6-Forum Italian counterpart "FazerItalia" regarding an annual FZ6 (or "Fazer") ride event to take place in the Fiuggi, Italy region this September. I would love to go but...a little too expensive and difficult to jet to Europe for the two days! Can you imagine if we, in USA, could get 140 or so FZ6'ers to join for a 2-day ride even here?!!---Tailgate

(Rough translation)

8th National Meeting of FazerItalia--11/13 September, 2009 in Fuggi

It seems little time, but we have arrived at the 8th National Meeting of FazerItalia. In 2002 the 1st National Meeting was, almost for fun, organized and to do it we had created the site that today has become the reference of FZ6’ers (“Fazeristi”) in Italy. Time and kilometers have since passed but the desire to together live this event increases from year to year. The 7th edition saw the participation of 135 motorcycles for a total of 185 persons. Less than the 6th edition but, regardless, a great outcome seeing that the motorcycle trips were done under rain for a good part. The meeting will take place in the zone of Ciociaria and specifically in Fiuggi (town), famous for its thermal baths that rise on the hill slopes of Monte Ernici. The community will support the event and we will be guests at the Hotel San Marco, that will offer its guests an interesting offer for the care of the new meeting. In the surroundings there are many interesting places to visit: around the lake of Canterno at the Nature Reserve of Posta Febreno, the high plain of Arcinazzo to the Simbruini Mountain Range, from the Abbey of Subiaco to the Abbey of Cassino, the archaeological sites of Alria in Cassino, to the medieval villages of Fumonie ad Aquino…The formula for success is, by now, this test:---remain together and do many kilometers in company, even with the family following behind. A way to share the passion and ask for a year of motorcycling together, and as always to the learning of the value of riding. Obviously, are invited to participate are not only Fazeristi but all the fans of the event and, therefore, all of the Official Yamaha Club!

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just back from a few days in Madrid and the FZ6 is very popular there too, probably the bike (as opposed to superscoots) I saw most frequently. All but one of them nakeds - in 38C 8/8 blue summer days, I'm not surprised. Not many of them modified in any way - maybe the Madrilenos think it's uncool or the insurers come down heavy on it. I don't think the absence of aftermarket pipes is a police/noise thing - there were a few loud Harley's out and about too.