New Triumph Sprint GT Confirmed for North America

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Triumph Motorcycles - 2011 Sprint GT

Priced at $13,199, the Sprint GT will be available in US dealerships this fall as early release 2011 models.

God damn I love the sprints. Many pics of them have adorned my wallpaper on my computers now and again.

Triumph Motorcycles - 2011 Sprint GT

Priced at $14,399, the Sprint GT will be available in Canadian dealerships this fall as an early release 2011 model.

It'll probably work out to $15k with additional tailbag and tax if bartering proves successful. I'm going to try to buy it right away (after it gets here that is). Shame about the new exhaust though, but I guess they would have kept the undertail if they could.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j7juvEaHcY&feature=related"]YouTube- Triumph Sprint GT test ride in Scotland[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQCVb7qYp00"]YouTube- Triumph Sprint GT group test[/ame]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of great info from someone who has ridden the thing and isn't being paid by Triumph:

Triumph Sprint GT review | Ash On Bikes

plus a crap-ton of great new pictures are in that link too.

Triumph_SprintGT_22.JPG

Triumph_SprintGT_11.JPG

Triumph_SprintGT_09.JPG

Last edited:
I still prefer the ST with it's undertail exhaust.

Triumph-Sprint-ST-2005a.jpg

But the reviews I read said it was a great sport touring bike :thumbup:

Last edited:
oops :eek: :spank: thanks for the info Kazza.
I had read a lot of reviews comparing it to the ST so I thought it had been replaced, sorry. I'll edit my original post.

oops :eek: :spank: thanks for the info Kazza.
I had read a lot of reviews comparing it to the ST so I thought it had been replaced, sorry. I'll edit my original post.

I think it has been replaced homeslice.

The ST is sportier. The GT is "tourier". They dropped the undertail exhaust for lower pillion seating, more luggage, and less heat to passenger seating.

I too loved the undertail and the look of it, but I would prefer the extra storage than to have kept the undertail.

Plus it perks the bike up a tiny bit HP wise so that's another plus.

I think it'll be the perfect blend for me. A whole bunch lighter than an FJR but a ton more comfortable and "tourier" than the VFR.

Some numbers:

FZ6 wet weight = 459 lbs
sprint ST wet weight = 554 lbs
k1300s wet weight = 560 lbs
sprint GT wet weight = 590 lbs
vfr1200 wet weight = 591 lbs
fjr wet weight = 716 lbs
gold wing wet weight = 898 lbs

Back