Oct 21 2008 server outage

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks.... The server for some reason shut itself off today.... I have restarted it.... Time to get a UPS I guess....

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
i didnt know what to do for the last couple hours... i have been pacing around the house waiting for the site to come back on.. i feel empty when i cant log on :(

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i didnt know what to do for the last couple hours... i have been pacing around the house waiting for the site to come back on.. i feel empty when i cant log on :(

Me Too! It is the first place I log on after a long day of work:thumbup:

ms mrdr

PB4UGO
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was lost all day..I was off!! and had nothing to do so I cleaned...I BLAME YOU!!!! WHAAHAAAHAA

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It happens! Glad it wasn't serious Dennis! Do you back up the site often?

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the shakes, started biting my nails again, had a drink, did some drugs, kicked the dog , beat up the wife, went out and set fire to some cars.:eek:

:justkidding:

Glad you are back online and so is everyone in my my street!:rockon:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Dennis for the update, and for all the hard work you put in to the site.. I will say that I was stuck at work with NO FZ6 Forum, and was bored to death, well obviously not true death.. but I had to hang out on that other forum :( it is really just not as nice as here. Glad to have the site back up and running :)

Deb

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I thought this sight was hosted by a faceless corp that was set up by Admin, I had no idea he actually is the site?

Now that I know, I want to thank "Dennis" for creating such a superb forum!

I really enjoy reading the posts, and learning from other members experiences, and I was bummed when the site went down.

Again, what a fine job you do Dennis.:bow:

Thanks

Lewis:rockon:

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Dennis!!! I got really worried and thought that my computer may have had something in it, then I tried my iPhone and that was scary.... I couldn't log on for a really long time.... Oh well... all back to normal! Thanks again man!

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
It happens! Glad it wasn't serious Dennis! Do you back up the site often?

Looks like it was a power issue... I have orderd a UPS but all that will do is allow time for the server to shut off if the power fail eliminating the risk of data corrupion ( and I will be able to turn on the cache on the sata drives)...... There was a little database corruption from the failure but it was easy to fix..

The forum servers are backed up every day in the early am to an off site backup service server that mirrors itself to another server in a different location ( triple redundancy) so we are good.

I use this for the off site backups its cheap!!

http://www.data-safe.ca

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed the server was ping-able yet I could not open the page yesterday PST. I also noticed several spamming posts advertising some products. For second I thought someone hacked in.

I don't want to thread jack, but what kind of oil should I use?:justkidding:

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I thought this sight was hosted by a faceless corp that was set up by Admin, I had no idea he actually is the site?

Now that I know, I want to thank \\"Dennis\\" for creating such a superb forum!

I really enjoy reading the posts, and learning from other members experiences, and I was bummed when the site went down.

Again, what a fine job you do Dennis.:bow:

Thanks

Lewis:rockon:

an old post but its a different look at the forum lol This is where you all spend the countless hours.. :thumbup:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/site-announcements-comments/6470-different-look-fz6-forum-com.html

Its a old photo that does not show the firewall you all bought but its basically the same layout

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it was a power issue... I have orderd a UPS but all that will do is allow time for the server to shut off if the power fail eliminating the risk of data corrupion ( and I will be able to turn on the cache on the sata drives)...... There was a little database corruption from the failure but it was easy to fix..

The forum servers are backed up every day in the early am to an off site backup service server that mirrors itself to another server in a different location ( triple redundancy) so we are good.

I use this for the off site backups its cheap!!

http://www.data-safe.ca

Hi, Ive no a clue what any of this means but I am relly pleased that all is OK again and thanks for providing such a brilliant site for us to use. :D
I can now get my FZ6 fix again.