Ordering new seat from Spain or USA

Canadian_fz6_guy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. Has anyone ordered a shad seat or parts from Motarinn.com? It’s a good good enough priced compared to Corbin.

Hopefully someone from Ontario canada. Not sure how much duty fees and extra fees I’d get at the door. :/

I inserted a gel pad in mine. Didn’t help. 1400km 2 day trip my butt hurt a lot. And I keep sliding down.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 seat has a odd shape to it. It seems to be designed to support the pubic bone, but the seat does not support the legs well. It has a sharp fall-off from center. You mentioned that you inserted a gel pad into your seat without success. This makes sense that it would not correct the issue as the pad followed the contour of the existing saddle. On my FZ6 I wear gel filled bicycle shorts under my riding pants that give me additional support under my ass and thighs. On my ST2 the seat is perfect from the factory...it's not the type of cushion/foam/gel...it's the shape that gives me good support.

If I was going to spend a lot of money on a seat I would want to make sure that it properly fit the contours of my body. I would look for a local shop that can do a pressure survey - this way they could cut a profile that will match your anatomy. The pressure survey uses a pad that is connected to a laptop and colors are displayed for where you have good support (green and blue) and poor support (yellow and red). You want the entire profile to be green with limited blue.

Ben sIII

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
not as clean but an airhawk seat makes a world of difference, also it makes you that much higher that helps your legs (well atleast mine) on longer rides

Canadian_fz6_guy

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 seat has a odd shape to it. It seems to be designed to support the pubic bone, but the seat does not support the legs well. It has a sharp fall-off from center. You mentioned that you inserted a gel pad into your seat without success. This makes sense that it would not correct the issue as the pad followed the contour of the existing saddle. On my FZ6 I wear gel filled bicycle shorts under my riding pants that give me additional support under my ass and thighs. On my ST2 the seat is perfect from the factory...it's not the type of cushion/foam/gel...it's the shape that gives me good support.

If I was going to spend a lot of money on a seat I would want to make sure that it properly fit the contours of my body. I would look for a local shop that can do a pressure survey - this way they could cut a profile that will match your anatomy. The pressure survey uses a pad that is connected to a laptop and colors are displayed for where you have good support (green and blue) and poor support (yellow and red). You want the entire profile to be green with limited blue.
I don’t think there someone in my area that does that. I’ve heard of bicycle pads. Not sure how I’d like it. Maybe worth a try.

Canadian_fz6_guy

Reaction score
Visit site
not as clean but an airhawk seat makes a world of difference, also it makes you that much higher that helps your legs (well atleast mine) on longer rides
The height for me is fine. No issues there. Just the butt lol. Soar as hell. And the buzziness. Dammm. She buzzes at 6-7000rpm. Throttle hand and the feet. Did a carb tune. Maybe I’ll try syncing it at 7000rpm lol. I’ll more into the air hawk. Thx

Tmoose

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. Has anyone ordered a shad seat or parts from Motarinn.com? It’s a good good enough priced compared to Corbin.

Hopefully someone from Ontario canada. Not sure how much duty fees and extra fees I’d get at the door. :/

I inserted a gel pad in mine. Didn’t help. 1400km 2 day trip my butt hurt a lot. And I keep sliding down.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.
Got that exact seat, from the same company last month. Definitely much more comfortable and it feels lower than the OEM seat, however it may not be worth the £200+ I spent

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Shad as my daily driver - have for years, so can't really recall how it compares to the OEM one. I think 'marginally to OK-ish' better but I don't believe it was a revelation and solved all my issues.

My original seat pan went to Terry Adcox (terry's custom seats), who built up the sides to make it more supportive. That is what I use on long highway road trips. I don't know if it was worth the money, frankly - I agree with Gary's description a few posts above - but it IS more supportive than the OEM or Shad - longest day in the saddle was all-day/750 miles (with breaks), and I was not wrecked.

Sadly, I just looked - Terry passed away last year https://www.facebook.com/people/Terrys-Custom-Seats/100051460188846/

DSC02601.JPG