Portland- Team Randall Children's Hospital Riders

Xlrrp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

If anyone is looking for a team to join for the 5th Annual CCA (Children's Cancer Association) JoyRide, those of us on Team Randall (Legacy Health Randall Children's Hospital) would love to have you. The ride is on June 21st and all money raised goes to a very worthwhile cause.

So far, our team is just starting out but it will be a fun group. I have a number of people in my department (Legacy Safety/Security) who ride and I am going to encourage as many of them to participate as possible.

If this is something you are interested in doing, please join our team for a fun event! If you can't make it, we would greatly appreciate your help in sponsoring our team :)

Thanks,
Chris Silva

PS... Here's our team link (you may have to cut and paste):

https://sna.etapestry.com/fundraise...014/team.do?participationRef=205.0.1234933534

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks - I'd like more info tho....

Great Cause and I'll do some reading! Thanks for dropping in!

Xlrrp

Reaction score
Visit site
Navigating the site can be a pain so I attached some info along with the link to the schedule and route.

Thanks,
Chris

JoyRx.org | Route/Schedule

CCA's Fifth Annual JoyRide

CCA invites you to join us for the “most caring” ride around, the Fifth Annual JoyRide, to showcase your support for CCA’s Caring Cabin.

JoyRide is a unique opportunity to join with local riders in support of CCA’s innovative programs of JoyRx, specifically the Alexandra Ellis Caring Cabin. JoyRide benefits this retreat home on the Oregon Coast, which provides families with seriously ill children and teens battling serious illness an extraordinary place to retreat, relax, and create once-in-a-lifetime memories.

Whether you're riding a “hog,” a “trike,” or a “street bike,” bikers of all kinds gather together for JoyRide in support of CCA. JoyRide will kick off on Saturday, June 21, at Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel. Participants will ride to the Alexandra Ellis Caring Cabin in Pacific City, where we will celebrate your support. JoyRide is open to individuals or teams, with a $30 early bird registration per rider and a $25 early bird registration per passenger before May 15. After May 15, registration will be available for $50 per rider and $40 per passenger. We encourage riders to fundraise and offer special prizes for all riders who raise contributions.

Incentives
•All riders receive a JoyRide pin, CCA drawstring bag, and a window cling
•Raise $100 and receive a t-shirt
•Raise $250 and receive a hat
•Raise $500 and receive a buff
•Raise $1,000 and receive five raffle tickets

For more information or to confirm your participation, please contact Sierra Smith, Special Events Manager, at (503) 200-5102 or [email protected].

Welcome to the Randall Children's Hospital Riders page. Thank you so much for joining our team!

We are raising funds for The Alexandra Ellis Caring Cabin™ which provides children and teens facing cancer and terminal illnesses who are in treatment in Oregon, along with their families, an extraordinary place to retreat, relax and create once-in-a-lifetime memories.

The Caring Cabin is the only retreat home of its kind in the western United States and was designed by legendary architect Bob Thompson of TVA Architects, Inc. Located on 24 wooded acres near Pacific City, along the Oregon coast, this secluded home is surrounded by forest and trees, a lakeside firepit, and a serene, private lake for kayaking, boating, and fishing

garmie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

If anyone is looking for a team to join for the 5th Annual CCA (Children's Cancer Association) JoyRide, those of us on Team Randall (Legacy Health Randall Children's Hospital) would love to have you. The ride is on June 21st and all money raised goes to a very worthwhile cause.

So far, our team is just starting out but it will be a fun group. I have a number of people in my department (Legacy Safety/Security) who ride and I am going to encourage as many of them to participate as possible.

If this is something you are interested in doing, please join our team for a fun event! If you can't make it, we would greatly appreciate your help in sponsoring our team :)

Thanks,
Chris Silva

PS... Here's our team link (you may have to cut and paste):

https://sna.etapestry.com/fundraise...014/team.do?participationRef=205.0.1234933534

I'll definitely consider this - thanks.

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
If I wasn't so far away,,,
A JoyRide would be fun,,,
Love to have a shirt,,,
But I go for A Joy Ride,,,
every time I go for a ride,,,
Seeing how my last name is Joy,,,
Looks like a good cause to bump!!!
Rich

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to join in possibly. It still doesn't say the actual route we would be riding?

No, I was looking around for that too...

Looks like we leave @ 10 and then fly to the caring cabin by noon.

Sounds pretty sweet.

Did you guys open the PDF file? From PDX to the Tillamook/Pacific City so thats a pretty short time line to get a bunch different classes of people all moving in the same direction.
attachment.php

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Free bump.. .. .. Riders Wanted!

However; I may not have a tire in time.... my evenings are taken for the remainder of the week and the BattlAx is missing much tread.

Flip-side; it looks like super-slab run and I have tread in the middle! A perfect match! :D

motel6

Reaction score
Visit site
Free bump.. .. .. Riders Wanted!

However; I may not have a tire in time.... my evenings are taken for the remainder of the week and the BattlAx is missing much tread.

Flip-side; it looks like super-slab run and I have tread in the middle! A perfect match! :D

You gotta go! I feel terrible about missing you last time.

But schooool's out for summmmer!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You gotta go! I feel terrible about missing you last time.

But schooool's out for summmmer!

Fedex came and went. No new tire for me so I'm out. Not doing hood to coast run on a "May-Pop" front tire! :(

motel6

Reaction score
Visit site
Fedex came and went. No new tire for me so I'm out. Not doing hood to coast run on a "May-Pop" front tire! :(

I was planning on changing out my front tire tomorrow morning. If you want, you can have my old tire to use for the day? It has ~3-4 mm of tread left (I think) - I'm swapping it bc of a nail in my rear tire and i wanted front tread wear to match the new back tire.

Dunlop Q3 sportmax front tire.

i.e. you can keep the front tire lol

What's wrong with your front tire now? I think you posted the reason in the other thread.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You gotta watch those guys. I was the house with the garage door open and radio on, he came up and stuck the "sorry we missed you" label on the front door.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was planning on changing out my front tire tomorrow morning. If you want, you can have my old tire to use for the day? It has ~3-4 mm of tread left (I think) - I'm swapping it bc of a nail in my rear tire and i wanted front tread wear to match the new back tire.

Dunlop Q3 sportmax front tire.

i.e. you can keep the front tire lol

What's wrong with your front tire now? I think you posted the reason in the other thread.

Thanks but no tks!

You gotta watch those guys. I was the house with the garage door open and radio on, he came up and stuck the "sorry we missed you" label on the front door.

Work Address its pretty much clock work but it never made it this far!