Right Gear for Ontario?

CooperFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I'm visiting in California right now and just went to the Cycle Gear shop in Fullerton. I'm thinking about a new jacket and looked at the mesh gear.

My question is, would the mesh gear actually be practicle in Southern Ontario? I'm concerned about dropping some coin on gear I'll only be able to use for 2 months of the year.

What do the rest of you riders in Ontario wear? Give me some ideas before I blow the cash and end up selling the stuff on Kiji.

Thanks

CooperFZ6

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear mesh when it is hot... I wear textile (with liners) when the weather gets cooler... I don't think you are going to find one jacket to do it all in a multi-season country like ours....

T

TheVmaxrider

I have a Joe Rocket Yamaha Flame mesh jacket that works well for most occasions. It comes with a zip out insulated vest for those chilly days and has good vents for the hot ones. Wore mine starting in April and until my bike went into storage in November. If I find that it is too cold I just wear a hoodie under the jacket.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I'm not in Ontario but I'd say Rochester is close enough to So. Ontario. I've got a Joe Rocket Mesh jacket that I wear most of the season, from about April to September. It also came with an waterproof liner which keeps me pretty warm if it ever gets chilly. I also have an AGV Sport Leather jacket for when it gets colder or when I'm going to be doing more highway riding but its just too much in the middle of summer.