Screen and fork changes for 08 FZ6N

StealthFZ6N

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
Im a newbie and just picked up an ex demo 08 FZ6N in black. Has anyone got any pics of screens theyve put on Naked FZ's not a huge fan of the genuine Yamaha 1. Have many people done much with theyre front forks? Theyre too nervous and dont seem to give enough feedback to me. Im 65Kg so i dont know if its that theres simply not enough weight on them? I saw a couple of threads talking about new springs in the forks and saw its pretty cheap but its normally heavier people doing this. Would just changing the oil to a different grade make much difference?

Thanks
StealthFZ6N

Hi StealthFZ6N
I have the same problem as you on my 08 fazer, and the thing is I go about the same as you 65k. what my local yam dealer is going to do this week is put some spacers on the spring to preload them to take up some of the free play and maybe up grade the oil to. I'll let you know round about the 8th sept if this works.

Now stealth you might be able to help me. what do you lot down there do about the seat getting to hot for pillions, when we have hot weather my wife will not come out on it. As the back cans get the back of the bike/seat quite hot?.

For those of you who have a fazer i have Also fitted a dubble bubble, it works much better than the screen yams put on.

Comment on the heat issue (not wanting to hijack the thread...)

I can't swear by it, but exhaust wrap or exhaust spray coating may help to lower the ambient temps around the exhaust system. I've wrapped my mid-pipe and the portion of the pipe that goes to the cans. I wouldn't wrap the header itself as I've read that this can, interestingly, cause the header to get too hot.

Last edited:
Picked the bike up today and found the ride much better! not tried hard riding yet as it was raining here again.
upgraded oil to 10 grade and put some spacers on the springs

Hope this helps
phil.

here is the puig screen on my bike. takes some of the wind blast off my chest when riding but has caused a bit more helmet buffeting. but at least it looks good ha

Back