Thoughts on helmets from ebay

Harley_Dog

Reaction score
Visit site
As I have been looking around online for a helmet, I decided to see what the price difference was on ebay and found this eBay Motors: Shark Helmet RSR 2 Furtif Black Size Medium (item 370048388851 end time Jun-01-08 13:04:41 PDT) ($365 vs $521 at kneedraggers).

The price is significantly less than other on-line sellers, so I'm wondering what is the catch. Does anyone have any experience buying helmets on ebay? Anything in particular to fear?? If it was anything else, I wouldn't be so hesitant, but I kinda want to know for sure that it is the same thing I would get at any other reputable dealer.

Thanks in advance.

H

HavBlue

I would first be looking for 2 things when even thinking about buying a helmet on e-Bay. The add must read "NEW" and it must read "NO or NOT a SECOND." this add reads new in the box but this does not mean that helmet isn't a second meaning there is some little flaw that kept it from passing their tech inspection.

The seller has a 96% positive rating, what happened in the other 4%. Sometimes it's worth checking out in the feedback section.

Good Luck,
Charlie

W

wrightme43

I have found that most of the negitive feedbacks on ebay are from fruit loops. If someone has overwhelmingly negitive I go by it. Lots of people are just never happy, and like to complain.

I contacted the above company, when I first got my Shark, it had pressure points. I wore it and broke it in and they went away. Anyway they wrote back and offered to upgrade me from a solid blue to a replica graphic helmet in the next size up for free. I had to pay ship to them, but they would return ship for free.

NOW
I was very polite and respectful in my writing to them. I figure if I had wrote them all buttheaded and demanding they would not be apt to help me.

I can say with out a doubt if I buy another Shark Helmet I will purchase it from the seller above.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would first be looking for 2 things when even thinking about buying a helmet on e-Bay. The add must read "NEW" and it must read "NO or NOT a SECOND." this add reads new in the box but this does not mean that helmet isn't a second meaning there is some little flaw that kept it from passing their tech inspection.

The seller has a 96% positive rating, what happened in the other 4%. Sometimes it's worth checking out in the feedback section.

Good Luck,
Charlie

Perfectly said, I would recommend a new helmet and just be sure it is not defective in any way.

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
As I have been looking around online for a helmet, I decided to see what the price difference was on ebay and found this eBay Motors: Shark Helmet RSR 2 Furtif Black Size Medium (item 370048388851 end time Jun-01-08 13:04:41 PDT) ($365 vs $521 at kneedraggers).

The price is significantly less than other on-line sellers, so I'm wondering what is the catch. Does anyone have any experience buying helmets on ebay? Anything in particular to fear?? If it was anything else, I wouldn't be so hesitant, but I kinda want to know for sure that it is the same thing I would get at any other reputable dealer.

Thanks in advance.
I just bought a helmet from this Ebay store. Fast shipping and great price.