Tubing For Headlight Mod????

nick0331

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2008 FZ6 and just purchased the items needed for BD headlight mod http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-s/1663-bd43-s-07-headlight-mod-part-1-a.html but could not find where to buy the 14” of ¼” FLEXO or polyethylene terepthalate (PET) expandable sleeving for the wire. I checked Auto Zone, O'Rileys, Advanced, Lowes, but nowhere had anything close. Any suggestions on where I could find this item would be appreciated. It looks so much cleaner than the cheap plastic spiral tubing.

I used black heat shrink tube on mine. You can get it at Radio shack or a electronics place. Lowes might have it in there electric lights department. With shrink tube you run all your wires through it then heat it with a lighter or butane torch to shrink it around your wires.

I used black heat shrink tube on mine. You can get it at Radio shack or a electronics place. Lowes might have it in there electric lights department. With shrink tube you run all your wires through it then heat it with a lighter or butane torch to shrink it around your wires.

+1 exactly what I did.

You'll need to go to a specialty electronics store. Radio Shack won't have it. Call around and you should be able to find it.

I have a 2008 FZ6 and just purchased the items needed for BD headlight mod http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-s/1663-bd43-s-07-headlight-mod-part-1-a.html but could not find where to buy the 14” of ¼” FLEXO or polyethylene terepthalate (PET) expandable sleeving for the wire. I checked Auto Zone, O'Rileys, Advanced, Lowes, but nowhere had anything close. Any suggestions on where I could find this item would be appreciated. It looks so much cleaner than the cheap plastic spiral tubing.

Here you go... cheap too! Expandable Sleeving, Braided Sleeving, Cable Sleeving, Cable Protection System, Flame Retardant Expandable Sleeving

I know this is a bit off the specific subject but if you are considering the wiring harness for the headlight mod and don't want to make the male connector, it could help a lot. I wanted to also add the pod lights at the same time and ordered the R1 Socket from bikebandit.com. Since I didn't plan on using the factory connector, I removed it and extracted the male connector. I appeared to be the same as the male connectors in the connector half under the gas tank. I soldered the connector to my wiring harness and it fit into the connector perfectly and worked great. Saved me a lot of time making a connector.

Back