UK: trade full fairing for naked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
After many very happy miles fully faired, I'd like to go naked with my FZ6.

So is there any FZ6N out there in the UK that wants to go fully faired?

I'm looking to trade:
- whole 2008-model upper fairing inc mirrors, lights with a range of screens: Yamaha touring, Powerbronze standard size black, CeeBailey's touring
- Yamaha fairing lowers
and I'll throw in the Yamaha top box and mount.

As I say, they've all done 18,000 miles so not mint, but apart from a few minor dings, in good condition. The fairing lowers are cut to accept the R&G crash bungs - if you want, I'll throw in the two R&G bungs so you've got a neat fit on your bike.

picture.php

More pix in my album: Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - simonwb's Album: Simonwb's Fazer

What I want in return:
- complete 2008 model-compatible Yamaha FZ6N headlight assembly with all mounts and components in good, working order that's done 18,000 miles or less
- FZ6N horn mount
- any other relevant bits for the conversion I've not mentioned above

Obviously we'll both keep our own clocks.

Any takers? Pix from you essential. I'm based in Leicestershire so can reach much of England at least in a day trip. If you've got tools and the know-how, I could ride over to you or you could come here and we spend a day helping each other install the swapped items on both our bikes?

Let me know - post here or PM.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i am very interested in your yamaha fairings. if by any chance you are considering to ship overseas, let me know the price.

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Yoshiki

Thanks for your interest. Is it just the two lower fairings you're after? Or do you want the upper fairing (headlights, screen, mirrors etc) too? From your profile, I don't know what you've got on that score at the moment. Let me know.

I've never shipped anything this size before so don't know how I could package it safely and what it would cost, hence my preference for someone in the UK to collect.

I'll give it a little longer to see if there's any other interest over here, then if not I'll get back in touch, ok?

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
hi simonwb

yup its just the lower fairings i am interested in. but if the whole package with the upper fairing price is attractive enough, i will just buy all from you.
maybe your local courier can advise on how you can package it safely, at the same time inform you on the cost of shipping it over.

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
await your good news while i drool at the pics.

Thanks for being patient, Yoshiki. My bike is currently at my dealers getting a service but has been bumped down the work queue over a week now and I need it back to be able to estimate size & weight of fairings with the courier. I'll keep you posted.

Simon

Tset Tsyung

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Simonwb,

My father-in-law has a Fazer FZS and has been looking for a full front fairing for his said bike.

Do you have any idea about where he can find one?

P.S. hope you sell/sold the bike...

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Simonwb,

My father-in-law has a Fazer FZS and has been looking for a full front fairing for his said bike.

Do you have any idea about where he can find one?

P.S. hope you sell/sold the bike...

Hi there

If you mean a FZS600, great bike, I had one a few bikes back before the FZ6 I've got now.

Anyway, my fairing lowers have gone but I've decided to keep my upper fairing. Not sure where you can get one for a FZS600, a bike breaker maybe? Good luck in your search.

Simonwb

Status
Not open for further replies.