Which oil and when

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll notice that the author recommends the use of synthetic diesel oils too, including rotella t6 and that he uses that himself.:cheer:

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
I am using spectro 4 oil and a K&N filter right now (for my 600 miles oil change) and then going to switch to a synthetic for the next oil change. I was told to use organic at first while I had low miles(to let the rings seat properly) and then when I hit the 4k mark switch it up.....not sure what oil I will use then. Spectro 4 certainly hit the wallet hard......

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
"motorcycle" oils sure do that sometimes. Obviously you can use a range of oils based on where and how you ride. Diesel oils work really well and most times are not overly expensive. Standard rotella t 15-40 is about 14 a gallon or so, maybe less, at walmart. I just bought my rotella t6 5-40 synthetic at walmart for 21 a gallon.

Whatever oil you do buy, I would make it a synthetic. It just holds up better than a conventional oil does.

A couple posts up I put a link to another site. It is a long read but might help clear things up for you.

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
rotella is waaaay cheaper than spectro....I paid almost $45 for 4 liters....:thumbdown::banghead: Will certainly do a lil more research for a more cost effective brand......yamalube maybe? :BLAA: