WTB - Calling all Naked Owners, I need an S1 fairing stay

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some f you know that I am replacing front end parts thanks to a diesel fuel induced low side. When I placed the OEM parts order with Partzilla, the fairing stay was to ship July 25. They just updated the order with an Aug 20 ship date for the stay.

I will be chucking the stay in the vise and trying the impossible.....banging it into some usable shape. But I figured that I would see if anyone has one that is in decent shape.

If anyone has a suitable piece, let me know what you would want to ship to 07430.

Thanks

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I had one to send you. If you are going to give repair a go, I’d heat it and use several pair of pliers to move the metal. Like you said, put it in a vice to hold it, then use One plier to hold the bracket where you don’t want it to move, and another to reshape the bracket.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I’m just thinking...if you want to ride a naked FZ6, let me know. You may find that you prefer it.

Thanks Gary but my problem is that I love the look of the stock FZ6. And I can be a 'little' stubborn. Growing up, my motto was 'everyone is entitled to my opinion' :)