06 Exhaust header on an 08?

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if this would work?
I found a fairly inexpensive set of 06' headers that, if I keep this bike, I may want to put on my 08 so I can be rid of all catalytic converters. I don't how big a difference it'd make in the power, but noticed it just taking the mid-pipe one out. I'm trying to get details on condition & all, but I just want to see if these would bolt right up, or what.

Thanks!

- Troy

The 02 sensor is just before the elbow bend, which is just before the mid-pipe. I guess it's kinda at the bottom of the bike. My 02 sensor is unplugged anyway since I'm using the PC3 in hopes of getting a pipe & tuned...if I can sell this lovely 6 string bass that no one seems to want to buy off me, and listed on Ebay. No pro bassists out there, I guess. It needs to go before I can get the pipes on there.
Could be trading up to the FZ1 after tomorrow anyway, but if I can't work the right deal, for about $65 I could eliminate every catalytic converter and have a nice free-flowing exhaust. Combine that with some Scorpion or Two Brothers pipes, and she'll sing a nice tune...

I wonder how much power or flow the cats actually do steal though. The mid-pipe seemed to hamper the flow a bit, as I tested with my compressor.

- T.

I thought the O2 sensor bung was in the mid pipe, and not the headers.
I don't see why it wouldn't work, BUT you might have to use an 04-06 mid pipe also.
I know the 07-09 mid pipes are shorter, which could mean the header output is longer.

Back