'07+ subframe on an '06

PhatDoggy

Reaction score
Visit site
If I picked up the subframe and the rear pegs/mounts, would everything else from my '06 bolt up? I'd like to get the removable Givi sidecase racks, but twistedthrottle.com only shows them available for the '07+. By changing the subframe, I think the racks wouldn't know the difference. If so, I could potentially ride my bike for work next year.

If I picked up the subframe and the rear pegs/mounts, would everything else from my '06 bolt up? I'd like to get the removable Givi sidecase racks, but twistedthrottle.com only shows them available for the '07+. By changing the subframe, I think the racks wouldn't know the difference. If so, I could potentially ride my bike for work next year.

Are you intending to mount the side racks/cases only, and not the top rack/case?

I called Twisted Throttle. They said it wasn't possible to mount the side case racks without the top case rack. I figured out that is it is possible if you make a pair of spacers. :cheer:

I have an '06 and mounted the Givi side case racks. Here's my post:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...g-fitment-kit-vs-monorack-fyi.html#post100662

Look at post #8 where I go into more detail about the setup.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info! My intent is to use the removable racks, since I will ride with them off more than on. It sounds like you have the Givi permanently installed racks. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

After looking at the manuals and fiches, the subframes SHOULD bolt up without any problems. You can even use your old seat lock.

Back