1000km Service

You paid $215 for an oil change?... Way to support the economy, dude...:thumbup:

LOL! This is pretty much my attitude to dealer servicing these days...prefer to do it myself.....cheaper, more reliable.....ie: i use the oil thyat i want, not what they want, which is usually the stuff with the best price mark up for them!!!

Oh and they normally forget to tighten something that didnt need to be loosened in the first place...or leave stuff off, like tank mount rubbers.......

LOL! This is pretty much my attitude to dealer servicing these days...prefer to do it myself.....cheaper, more reliable.....ie: i use the oil thyat i want, not what they want, which is usually the stuff with the best price mark up for them!!!

Oh and they normally forget to tighten something that didnt need to be loosened in the first place...or leave stuff off, like tank mount rubbers.......

+1 Wolfman,
I got my first service done at the local dealer, and wished I didn't. I forgot how much it cost, but they mucked around with the idle and had it ticking over at 900 revs. I went out and made my own throttle sync tool and got the job done right! All the servicing since has been done by me, including recently changing the brake fluid. Not quite game to tackle the steering head and swingarm bearings just yet tho!

Did you use Yamalube 20W-50?

Would'nt use Yamalube if it was given too me...i ust did an oil change yesterday...the first time i have done one to my recently aquirred FZ6 Cup bike, which i bought off Yamaha Racing Team Australia...they buse Yamalube obviously.....and you should of seen the oil that came out of my bike.....it was like brown water, no oil like quality left at all...after only 600km's...admittedly, nearly every one of those K's was at speed, on a track...

I was disgusted by the oil....I use Motul in my other FZ6, and even after 5000km's, it comes out looking like oil...

Not a fan of Yamalube!

:eek:

Back