+2 Rear Sprocket Fuel Consumption After Three Tanks

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First fill: Completely bone dry. I actually had to push the bike the last 20 meters into the gas station. Filled to brim on sidestand.

Second fill: Just hit the reserve. Filled to brim on sidestand.

Third fill: Just before hitting the reserve. Filled to brim on sidestand.

Distance travelled after hitting reserve after the third fill:

900km.

30% casual highway riding
20% spirited highway riding
20% spirited city riding
30% casual city riding

Take from that what you will. Volume of fills is not recorded exactly because I kept forgetting. But that is a ballpark to give an idea.

Why would you fill it on the side stand instead of sitting on it, or using the center stand?

Too much uncertainty as to how much fuel was actually used .... 'just before hitting reserve', or 'just hitting reserve' are not marks where you can calculate fuel used. Every bike will hit reserve a bit differently due to production variations. Would have been a lot better to mark down the total km's travelled and the total amount of fuel used from the pump meter.

Why would you fill it on the side stand instead of sitting on it, or using the center stand?
Not all FZ6 bikes have centrestands...... and as for sitting on the bike whilst filling it, you are not permitted to in West Aus - the service stations don't like it. They think you will ride off without paying. They will actually come out and shout at you to get off the bike :(

Not all FZ6 bikes have centrestands...... and as for sitting on the bike whilst filling it, you are not permitted to in West Aus - the service stations don't like it. They think you will ride off without paying. They will actually come out and shout at you to get off the bike :(

Thats when you reply "no it would take me to long if I wanted to run off":BLAA:

Same here in QLD although my local BP let me sit on the bike still but i think its more because im a long tim ecustomer & they know me well :thumbup:

I have been told thtat it is to do with the static electricity we cause by staying seated , KABOOOOM :BLAA:

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard. Is it really that much of a problem there? Stations here all have cameras to prevent that kind of thing, even if you drive off the KY state troopers will catch up to you eventually.

Tough to say the exact numbers, but here are my rough estimates
1. about 5 US gallons with nothing in the tank
2. about 4 US gallons just after the reserve
3. about 4 US gallons just before the reserve

I used the 4 gallon figure because that's about what my bike takes at the reserve.

900 km = 560 miles
560 mi/13 gal = 43.1 MPG

Of course since all the measures here are likely going to be +/- 10%, that's a worthless and inaccurate number. :)

Post a few tanks with the actual amount of fuel you burned. Also post up if you've corrected your speedo or not since it's likely to be about 10% off as well between the standard stock error and the extra error you added with the sprocket.

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard. Is it really that much of a problem there? Stations here all have cameras to prevent that kind of thing, even if you drive off the KY state troopers will catch up to you eventually.
We have cameras too, but they still don't like it. As for the cops catching up with you - they're far too busy catching speeding cars/bikes than bothering chasing people for fuel theft....

It's not that sad..... :D

Lone fails again!!

:D

haha, how the hell do I manage to be useless in so many different ways at the same time? I amaze myself sometimes. I swear to god.

Of course since all the measures here are likely going to be +/- 10%, that's a worthless and inaccurate number.

ROFL

You forgot to add in the odometer which is not speedo-healed. LOL

Alright people, I'll keep a log book for the next 3-4 fills on exact litre counts. Kilometres can be adjusted with the 10% deviation. That 900km is actually 810km.

It just seems to me I am stopping for fuel much more often than I would otherwise.

I'll get back to youse next week.

Lone fails again!!

haha, how the hell do I manage to be useless in so many different ways at the same time? I amaze myself sometimes. I swear to god.

ROFL

You forgot to add in the odometer which is not speedo-healed. LOL

Alright people, I'll keep a log book for the next 3-4 fills on exact litre counts. Kilometres can be adjusted with the 10% deviation. That 900km is actually 810km.

It just seems to me I am stopping for fuel much more often than I would otherwise.

I'll get back to youse next week.

Cheers Lone....we got the drift, well i did anyway....your using more petrol, cause your right wrist is enjoying the faster pick up from a closed throttle!

Who cares about petrol consumption anyway, it's a bike...always going to be using less fuel than most cars, and always more fun! Dont stress yourself, just enjoy the ride!

:thumbup:

And you not useless, you amuse people from all over the World, and that's quite a talent!

Back