2007 fz6 fazer reaching only 226km/h

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2007. Fazer,and I am reaching only 226km/h with persuation .

My collegues,with same year fazers are reaching 235 on the clock easily,and they can also go past 240.

What may be blocking me,any sugestions?

regulary serviced and maintained,normally driven,95 octane european fuel.

It's not the max.speed,that's important to me,but I want my bike with 20.000km to be able to perform fully.

:thumbup:

Kanten

Reaction score
Visit site
You might be heavier than your collegues, or have a jacket that causes more drag?
No offense ;-)

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
i was thinking dirty fuel,dirty injectors,not sucking enough air,bad mixture settings,or just carbon build ups somwhere,maybe in exhaust,who knows....

that's why I am here,to find out from ore experienced mechanics and riders :)

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well... my 2004 has seen 245 with pillion, 255 solo and 276 on a dyno which was at a true top speed of 249. This was all at 1,800 metres above sea level which is a real power robber.

So I'd say something doesn't sound right. And I weigh 98kg :spank:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Hmm... I pushed mine to 260 km (162 mph) here recently on open interstate and still have a good bit of throttle left on it.

Places I'd start is:

Quality gas
Good tune up (TB synced, clean air filter, good plugs, etc)
Weight compared to other riders (I weigh 190 lbs / 86 kg)
Drag - I think this may be your issue actually, Riding position and gear could be the culprit. Lets face it, with a huge touring windshield, sitting up, wearing MC Hammer pants my be causing too much drag...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm... I pushed mine to 260 km (162 mph) here recently on open interstate and still have a good bit of throttle left on it.

Places I'd start is:

Quality gas
Good tune up (TB synced, clean air filter, good plugs, etc)
Weight compared to other riders (I weigh 190 lbs / 86 kg)
Drag - I think this may be your issue actually, Riding position and gear could be the culprit. Lets face it, with a huge touring windshield, sitting up, wearing MC Hammer pants my be causing too much drag...
Do you have a Speedo healer? The standard Speedo’s are very optimistic otherwise.

Nelly

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
well think yourself lucky ive only ever managed 212k/ph on repeated attempts.

im just putting it down to the fact that im 6'4" and 108kg before bike gear, and the fact that my fz6 is the naked verison meaning im a pretty big sail on my bike lol:rolleyes:

i really dont think that my bike is capable of 130mph with me on board.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2007. Fazer,and I am reaching only 226km/h with persuation .

It could just be me, but I personally don't think 226 km/h is "only 226 km/h". That kind of speed would put me away to rot in jail for some time and see me without my drivers license as well if I survive the ride. Oh, and I would crap my pants before I even get to 200 km/h.

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Do you have a Speedo healer? The standard Speedo’s are very optimistic otherwise.

Nelly

Yesterday's project was installing the Speedohealer. I haven't had a chance to bring her back up to those speeds again safely. I did do 155 mph ( 249k )before having to back off the throttle because of traffic. I'm extremely paranoid about doing any excessive speeds within eyesight of citizens, mainly bc I wear my badge on the outside of my jacket... She seemed to have plenty of get up and go left in her though. There's no doubt in my mind she would have reached 165 mph (265 k).

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
And let's not forget 'production variations'. Some motors just make more hp than others due to minor variations in dimensions of critical components and how they were broken in when new. You may just have one of these 'slow' engines. It happens.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday's project was installing the Speedohealer. I haven't had a chance to bring her back up to those speeds again safely. I did do 155 mph ( 249k )before having to back off the throttle because of traffic. I'm extremely paranoid about doing any excessive speeds within eyesight of citizens, mainly bc I wear my badge on the outside of my jacket... She seemed to have plenty of get up and go left in her though. There's no doubt in my mind she would have reached 165 mph (265 k).

That is just bonkers speed!!! I've yet to see a vid of someone topping 260kmph, but would LOVE to. So far I've only hit 190kmph (still easing her in) but when I get to do a speed run, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
That is just bonkers speed!!! I've yet to see a vid of someone topping 260kmph, but would LOVE to. So far I've only hit 190kmph (still easing her in) but when I get to do a speed run, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

My project this week is to build a mount for my iPhone 4 to use it's video. As soon as I do that, I'll be post a vid. I'd love to get the audio as well because THAT is the funny stuff... There's a lot of of "Do da do do dooooo, do da do do dooooo, baby here I am, I'm the man on the scene, I can give you what you want... Holy crap that was a squirrel! It's time for the Percelator!" I think I have vocal A.D.D. When riding...

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
My project this week is to build a mount for my iPhone 4 to use it's video. As soon as I do that, I'll be post a vid. I'd love to get the audio as well because THAT is the funny stuff... There's a lot of of "Do da do do dooooo, do da do do dooooo, baby here I am, I'm the man on the scene, I can give you what you want... Holy crap that was a squirrel! It's time for the Percelator!" I think I have vocal A.D.D. When riding...

Fantastic - let me know how the mount for the 4 goes - I don't wanna hook mine up and say goodbye to it at 200kmph. But with regards to the ADD - I just grit my teeth and lean into it - I'm too nervous to do much else :-D

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My 2005 hits 234kph. It is serviced, filter cleaned and speedo healer installed.
I am small and drag efficient. It's only a standard 600cc bike and 145 mph is very respectable.
Andz are you sure your bike is a FZ6 lol. 171mph is mind boggling.
I reckon the dyno is broke.
Convert speed MPH / KPH / Miles Kilometres per hour / Kilometres Miles per hour and distance - eForecourt.com
Nelly

Everyone knows the speedo is inaccurate. Those are indicated speeds. The dyno TRUE top was 249km/h which is 154mph.

I believe the OP was quoting indicated speeds as well.

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I was also going to say air filter to start with. Fuel pump ok? you're fuel lines are not kinked a little? I know I kinked one putting my tank back down once. I noticed right away so I don't know how much it would have affected performance.

Good luck!