2009 Fz6 streetfighter conversion

Goldenstatefz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I'm new to the forums but have found a lot of great information. Recently picked up a 2009 fz6 with 14k miles that was laid down, has a straight frame and strong engine. Since the front left fork is bent I I had planned on sticking stock but with the prices for stock forks I decided I'd do the r6 fork upgrade just ordered the kit from dako81 (Brad) and got a set of forks with axle and bolt for 150 bucks. Bars are bent so I'm going to do the fz1 bars since I have to replace them either way. The fairings arent in bad shape but are a cracked and I love the way streeetfighters look so i figure I might as well go for it. Any other fairly common mods that I should look into while I have the bike torn apart? Will update as I get going. Just waiting on the parts. Will probably get working on the bike next week! For now here are some before pictures.

IMG_4922.jpg

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

I just got back from a trip and tore into the bike all of yesterday and this morning and it went together fairly easily once you get all the tools together. I didnt realize until after but I bought an fz6r tank instead of the 09 fz6 tank. It seems to fit fine the airbox is a little big but it bolted right up. I ended up putting some crg levers on the fz1 bars with a bar end mirror. Put the r6 forks on with dako's kit. Got the headlight and blinkers all wired up and fixed all the wiring issues it had. Put racetech 1kg springs in and some new 10w oil. The oil in the forks was disgusting. Threw a new chain on it since the old one was stiff and rusted through and adjusted it to about 2" Just rode around the block need to dial in the suspension and some misc stuff.

IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4979.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_4975.jpg
    IMG_4975.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4976.jpg
    IMG_4976.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4979.jpg
    IMG_4979.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4980.jpg
    IMG_4980.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Goldenstatefz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah man just uploaded some new pictures and going to dial it and and go get some better pictures. What do you think of that leo vince exhaust?? I'm looking into exhausts.

matmetz

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the bike! Are you using the oem headlight and cluster or is it off another bike?

Goldenstatefz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the bike! Are you using the oem headlight and cluster or is it off another bike?

Its the oem gauge cluster and I believe the light is off a fz6r, A friend had the front lighting kit in his garage from a previous project. So I'm not sure where it came from.

UpInTheAir89

Reaction score
Visit site
How did you mount the speedo on the bike? I'm thinking clamped to the handlebars via some contraption for mine, but I haven't figured out what yet.