2009 FZ6R vs XJ6

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Sorry I'm one of those parasites - always on FZ6-Forum but never contribute - thanx for allll those that always does. I'm new to biking and could not have started better with my FZ6 Fazer S2. Unfortunately it looks that I have to part with her for a while - weddings are expensive...

I've already starting research on 2009 models and was astonished to see the FZ6R and XJ6. This might help me get over the time without my Black 2008 FZ6 (hope so).

What do you guys think of the new 2009 models - can't wait!!!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First of all welcome to the forum. First of all congratulations with your upcoming wedding :cheer:
Sorry to hear you have to get rid of your bike, hope you're not bikeless for too long. Hopefully your wife will realise what a sacrifice you're making and will back you in getting a bike when money permits.

The FZ6R and XJ6 are technically the same new bike, only one has full fairings. Although they are not the FZ6 (as we know it) they are still good value for money :thumbup:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Both are a down grade from your current FZ6.... The FZ6R and XJ6 have 20 less HP, smaller fuel tank and a cheapo swingarm... Now, are you still excited about them?

Keep your FZ6... selling it, then downgrading later to the FZ6R would probably cost you more than if you just kept the FZ6....

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx 2 you both.

Opened my eyes and will read more. My BH and me just LOVES the FZ6 I'm having now. She'll surely miss her as well. Will need to read more...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Sorry I'm one of those parasites - always on FZ6-Forum but never contribute - thanx for allll those that always does. I'm new to biking and could not have started better with my FZ6 Fazer S2. Unfortunately it looks that I have to part with her for a while - weddings are expensive...

I've already starting research on 2009 models and was astonished to see the FZ6R and XJ6. This might help me get over the time without my Black 2008 FZ6 (hope so).

What do you guys think of the new 2009 models - can't wait!!!
Welcome fella,
Congrats on the up coming nuptials. Firstly you will lose more from your back pocket than you will gain by chopping in your bike for a new model. Don't do it man. A wedding dress will cost about 400% more than its worth and be worn once. OK if you go traditional you will get a couple of christening gowns out of it ( I make a wild presumption that you are Christian) if your not don't worry the dress devaluation will strengthen your case. Your FZ6 cost about 30% more than its worth and you will ride it everyday forever. Job done. Hire a dress and keep the bike.

Nelly

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx Nellie,

Big C yes. At least I'll get a awsome SRB for a wife (Sexy Redhead Babe) that loves riding (pillion at the moment) with me :Flash:

Will see what the future holds with the FZ6 / FZ6R decision...

Will probably get a FZ6R, gave it to SRB in a while and get a FZ1 for me...:thumbup: