2014-06-14, Time Distance Rally - SW PDX, Riders Wanted

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok over in my stomping grounds. Love Helvetia Tavern. Great burgers. I have ridded that area a whole bunch. Glad you had fun. :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lunch time check point at Helvetia Tavern. And yes, pretty good burgers there and good scenery too!

See attached Windmill for Humpy! I'm sure he'll be impressed with cell phone shot, digital zoom, blur, and grain from a mile away! Yes, you might have to squint a little! [MENTION=4819]Humperdinkel[/MENTION]

Added an overview of the land:
attachment.php

Last edited:

motel6

Reaction score
Visit site
Just me. No contact from Mick since last night. Mark you would have enjoyed this run. Just 50 miles over four check points. And UNLIKE what I said above, the check in was the check out point. I'm guessing 40 some on odd riders came and the only vehicle missing was a cruiser! << Likely afraid of the gravel which was only a mile and I held my own on that cruising at roughly 30 miles an hour.

Like last year; pick your speed and ride your ride. 35, 45, 55, with the goal being this is your average speed over the "unknown distance". The only thing we knew was the whole length of the entire run was 50 miles and that included a mile of gravel.

It was pretty eventless. All new roads for me. Some folks did there best to dial it in on the mark and others went for fun (hint hint). Hit the first two check points and had lunch at the Helvetia Tavern. The next two check points were back down the hill to the river and over the St Johns bridge to recap the ride.
It was pretty fun run and we were told this was the original run from 10 years ago the first time they did it.

I enjoyed the ride as it was much more technical, lower speeds, tighter turns and lots of corners!!!
I had another engagement and didn't stick around for the trophies or to check my time in.

I'll post up pic's later...

It's NICK you dork. :spank: :D

My teacher e-mailed me and said although I got an A on all the tests I would get a B because I never turned in homework. He said I deserved an A because I mastered the material.

Long story short he gave me a chance to do turn in some homework to get an A. So that's how I spent my Saturday. Looks like fun!!! Wish I could've gone.