30 mins. and the seat is painful.

30 mins is all you can take? Sounds like you have ants in the pants. :D
I think the issue is not the seat, but your body's riding position that gives you discomfort. Try stretching your lower back, hips and legs before riding.

30 mins is all you can take? Sounds like you have ants in the pants. :D
I think the issue is not the seat, but your body's riding position that gives you discomfort. Try stretching your lower back, hips and legs before riding.
I am getting a lot of pain up between my legs. I have tried everything but it comes back after a while. Just too much pressure in one place. The place they call taint meat on a woman.:mad:

... he place they call taint meat on a woman.:mad:

Hahahah that is so funny, I have not heard of "taint meat" and having it called that. Sorry, bro I know this is serious for you. In that case, I'd recommend you see a certified accupuncturist. I'm visiting one for my lower back aches and it seems to be elevating the pain. Anyway, Advil should help you too.

Cheers. And don't overcook the taint meat bro.

i think it mostly has to do with the foam in most stock seats. one reason corbin and other aftermarket seats are so popular. they use a much better foam that doesn't 'crush the air out' but stays softs and springy.

I am getting a lot of pain up between my legs... Just too much pressure in one place.

I believe they call it the taint on the men too, Taint the bum hole and it taint the goods, it is just the area in between.

My advice is to sit a little further back in the seat, I had some getting used to on the bike when i first got it. i thought it was going to cause back pain, but it is good now that i have adjusted myself to the bike.

The stock seat sucks...period. It has nothing to do with riding position or stretching (although I'm sure that does help some people). I had this same problem...30 minutes and then the pins and needles started. I've now got both the Comfort Seat and a Corbin (I'm deciding on which one I want to keep). Both are amazing. I can easily ride for over an hour without needing to stop or adjust my ass. LMAO.

Here's a few different idea for helping with this problem:

Yamaha Comfort Seat
Corbin Seat
Modify your stock seat yourself. There's lots of threads out there on this subject. If you google it, you'll find lots of advice. But this is a good place to start: DIYMotorcycleSeat.com - Home Page
Another option is this company: Page 1. They've got rave reviews from everyone that's used them (at least as far as I've seen), and their prices to modify your stock seat are really reasonable. The turnaround time is also really fast, so you won't be without your seat for weeks on end.

BTW, I recommend getting a used stock seat if you're going to attempt anything yourself. They can easily be had on Ebay for around $40 and that way if you screw it up royally, you still have a good stock seat to use. Just my .02.

Last edited:
I had pain around my tailbone while riding the FZ. I could only ride around 30 minutes or so before it really got bad. I tried to be patient and let the seat break in for around a thousand miles or so. To a degree it did. I can go farther now between stops but I'm still planning on doing some carving on the seat. I want to try some sport touring on the bike but unless I can go tank to tank, it just won't be worth it. My wife says to suck it up and ride. I'm just spoiled by the Russell DayLong on the Venture.

I have the corbin now. I just returned from 3.5 hours riding. No problems. I have rode for 3.5 hours on the yamaha comfort seat. Not as comfortable. The stock seat was pretty bad after a hour or so for me.

i think it mostly has to do with the foam in most stock seats. one reason corbin and other aftermarket seats are so popular. they use a much better foam that doesn't 'crush the air out' but stays softs and springy.

Just a thought but if I had a Corbin seat I would be giving it away or better yet I would pay the guy to take it and I am not kidding. In my experience I could get more comfort from a 2X4 and plank. I tried one on the Sporty and then road a softail with one and that was it for me. I have no problem with the stock seat and can ride for hours without stopping in the stock saddle. Maybe I am just lucky.

Just a thought but if I had a Corbin seat I would be giving it away or better yet I would pay the guy to take it and I am not kidding. In my experience I could get more comfort from a 2X4 and plank. I tried one on the Sporty and then road a softail with one and that was it for me. I have no problem with the stock seat and can ride for hours without stopping in the stock saddle. Maybe I am just lucky.
Your just a tuff ass, I wish I was.

I had pain around my tailbone while riding the FZ. I could only ride around 30 minutes or so before it really got bad. I tried to be patient and let the seat break in for around a thousand miles or so. To a degree it did. I can go farther now between stops but I'm still planning on doing some carving on the seat. I want to try some sport touring on the bike but unless I can go tank to tank, it just won't be worth it. My wife says to suck it up and ride. I'm just spoiled by the Russell DayLong on the Venture.
I keep thinking if I put more miles on the seat it will get better and my arse will get tuffer but I dont know if I can hold out.:(

I keep thinking if I put more miles on the seat it will get better and my arse will get tuffer but I dont know if I can hold out.:(

It won't. I rode my '05 for 6300 miles and the stock seat was crap. I'm working on a deal for an upgraded seat within the next few weeks.

Corbin is either a love or hate. After polling many riders, it seems that Corbin is suited for those over 175 lbs. Under this weight, it doesn't form to your butt thus is not comfortable. Those over this weight have little trouble as the seat forms to your shape and the comfort settles in. The good news is that Corbin will adjust your seat to your needs for little money plus shipping.

Good luck!!

I've had issues that after about 30 min. of riding my right knee starts throbbing. After a slight shift on the seat the pain went away. maybe you just need to find the riding position that fits you.

I am 155 lbs. I may be the exception that makes the rule, but my corbin is comfortable to me.

I've found that I can ride for pretty long stretches (just did 2 1/2 hours nonstop on Friday) by standing up on the footpegs while riding. Couple minutes off the butt and I'm good to go.

I've wondered about the Corbin seats for our bikes. I had a Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak that I got a Corbin seat for. Damn seat cost over $1K with the passenger backrest and the seat sucked. It was so hard that every vibration the bike made went straight through my butt and up my body. It even made my sunglasses vibrate on my nose. I ended up taking it off and selling it on ebay. I've seen the seat for the FZ is allot cheaper than the Mean Streak seat was, but am affraid of the seat making the bike more uncomfortable.

I am 155 lbs. I may be the exception that makes the rule, but my corbin is comfortable to me.

Did you order and customize your own? How many miles do you have on it? What cover material did you choose? :thumbup:

If you're looking for a fairly inexpensive quick-fix.... I bought a chunk of sheepskin from Ikea ($34 CND), and cut it up into three pieces, trimmed it to fit and Voila! Stuck it to the seat with loops of fabric tape (any tape would do - just wanted something that wouldn't leave a residue). Saved my butt on a recent 11-day, 5300km trip! When I got home, just washed it in the sink with a little shampoo, let it dry and good-to-go... (plus I've got two more pieces when this one wears out! :D)

DSC00345.jpg

Back