4 frame sliders that people keep talking about witch one would you pick?

LexusFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm looking to get frame sliders but just can't make a pick ..

1-vortex but I'm not sure if they make them for our FZ6 looked on there website they have for yamaha R1 -R6 and that's it not even for FZ1 .

2-T-REX someone here said he wasn't happy with them don't know why i really reallyyyyyy like the price on those thou:(.

3-Shogun Frame sliders they look like they would save you'r bike and look good to.

4-Motovation i like the fact that boneman likes them he's got way to many mods on his bike I'd think he would get the best .

any help would be appreciated
thanx guys:D:D:D:D

I did a TON of research before buying (like 2 months worth)...ended up with the Motovation. One of the biggest things I learned was not to get the longer versions because they can actually do more damage to the frame if the bike goes down...The data at this site has great information about the material used in their sliders vs. other manufacturers - Motovation Frame Sliders and Accessories-Frame Slider Components - and like you mention Boneman has done a lot of mods and is highly regarded. When in doubt go with the man who knows the most!

I picked up some Shogun sliders over the winter. They look good on the bike and feel like they are good quality (don't feel like testing them). Seemed really inexpensive. They even make a halfway decent highway peg :D

I like the T-rex. As good or better than any of the budget sliders. Pay anymore and you are pretty much paying for style over function.

I went with the Motovations after spending about 2 months researching and reading about how Sliders get made and the various materials used by the different company's. The following sites really helped in my decision - got to learn about the materials they use vs. others...

Motovation Frame Sliders and Accessories-Frame Slider Components

Frame Sliders - webBikeWorld

I'd say that the most important thing is to definitely get Sliders - always best to be prepared (just in case).

T-Rex here. Since they're priced right, I even have a SPARE set. One thing about T-Rex, make sure they send out the correct length bolts (100 mm if I remember). You got to specify in the E-bay note box or you risk them sending out shorter (90mm) bolts.

What about the R&G ???
I also have R&G and love them. I have the teardrop shaped Aero ones though. I love them. They look awesome and saved my fairing from being destroyed in a muddy field (the slider stuck into the grass though and bent the bolt). I think PowerBronze make some similar ones.

You are never going to get a concise "these are the best". You will need to search the forum, make a list of them all and slowly discount them based on looks, price, availability and people's comments on fitting/quality etc. Even then, you will probably have loads left to pick that have no negatives.

All down to personal taste IMHO. Pick what you like and the best you can afford. And buy them ASAP to protect your expensive baby.

Keep the shiny side up! :rockon:

It would be cool if all the folks that "tested" their sliders, could comment on what they thought afterwards regarding the design and protection provided.

Name of slider: OEM, T-Rex, etc.
Severity of incident: Slow low-side, moderate high-side, etc.
Thoughts on the protection the slider provided: e.g., xxx provided expected protection given the nature of the incident.... protected cases and no damage to the frame... etc.

Any takers?

When I bought my bike new from the dealer I asked for frame sliders to be installed and he installed the Motovation ones. Sure enough 3 weeks later I dropped my bike (slow speed) and trashed he left side frame slider. I also scratched the stator cover, but not hat badly that it couldn't be fixed with a black Sharpie :) Ordered a new slider from Motovation and we're back as good as new.

I have the T-Rex sliders, and I have said time and time again that they are the BEST investment that you could ever make for our bikes.

I had a lowside doing around 20-30 mph, and the T-Rex sliders definitely did their job. I did crack my front fairing and get some rash on the left rear pod and engine case cover, but after some sanding and painting, everything looks almost 100%. I still need to replace that rear pod because it is scuffed. However, my frame and gas tank are completely scratch and damage free!!

I also have a friend who lowsided his Honda 599 and he had T-Rex sliders, too. His bike was completely undamaged except the slider. His stick out further than mine, though.

In short, I believe the T-Rex sliders to be the best bang for the buck, especially since I can attest to the durability and the function of the T-Rex sliders. Plus, I think they look the best, too. :thumbup:

P.S. In the future, try searching for answers to your questions before posting a topic. This topic has been discussed multiple times. Not trying to burst your bubble, just trying to save you some headache!

Last edited:
I have the motovation frame sliders, and they are nice:thumbup: The best part is they got to my house quick, and yes unfortunately I have tested the left one and it took most of the damage.

I got my TRex today, but they sent me the 90mm bolt! Oscar from TRex assured me with this email:

Hello
The posts in this forum are back in 08. They have since been updated. The bolts received will take care of your bike, we recommend you install them and tighten them BY HAND the first few turns first. The 100mm bolts will bottom out before you finish screwing them in. If you do the installation by hand you will not run into this problem, we have sold many kits since. If you would like call me at 972 243 7868 and you can do the install with me over the phone to see the turn out.

Thanks,
Oscar..

I don't know what to think of this. Anybody bought recently, how long were your bolts?

Have only used one set - Motovation, and when I say used I mean my bike skidded down the road on them after a lowside. They worked exactly like they were supposed to, and I'm super impressed. It potentially saved me hundreds of dollars in damage.

I did research after my crash and found that, like another member has mentioned, Motovation put a lot of effort into R&D to come up with a material that would slide, not wear too fast, not degrade by UV light, and not crack apart.

I have the T-Rex sliders, and I have said time and time again that they are the BEST investment that you could ever make for our bikes.

I had a lowside doing around 20-30 mph, and the T-Rex sliders definitely did their job. I did crack my front fairing and get some rash on the left rear pod and engine case cover, but after some sanding and painting, everything looks almost 100%. I still need to replace that rear pod because it is scuffed. However, my frame and gas tank are completely scratch and damage free!!

I also have a friend who lowsided his Honda 599 and he had T-Rex sliders, too. His bike was completely undamaged except the slider. His stick out further than mine, though.

In short, I believe the T-Rex sliders to be the best bang for the buck, especially since I can attest to the durability and the function of the T-Rex sliders. Plus, I think they look the best, too. :thumbup:

P.S. In the future, try searching for answers to your questions before posting a topic. This topic has been discussed multiple times. Not trying to burst your bubble, just trying to save you some headache!

Since this post, I've also dropped the bike on the other side due to the road being washed out with gravel. Tried to brake and straighten up the bike, but one of the wheels started sliding and I just went straight into a lowside. I still suffered minimal damage thanks to the T-Rex sliders. I came out with only a slightly scuffed tank (very shallow dent and some light scratches) and some scratches on my new CRG levers :spank: and my Buell windscreen (weird, huh?).

I've since touched up the paint on those items, but I still stand beside my claim that these sliders offer the best bang for the buck. My frame and belly pan have suffered zero damage, and only light scratches from the previous wreck, which I was able to sand down and repaint good as new. My bike is still running/riding beautifully just like I bought it from the show floor, I just have a few blemishes here and there.

I also got those bolt sizes with my T-Rex sliders, and I've experienced no problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
I got another email from Oscar:

The inside measurement of the puck has been changed. What i will do What I will is send you the 2 longer bolts so you can try them out. To see if you like them better. You will still need to start the bolts on your bike by hand and do not over torque them as you will strip your threads if you do. Start screwing them in by hand then take it from there.

I will ship the longer bolts to you today. Try the original ones first, you will not strip the threads if you do it by hand. If it becomes difficult to screw in then stop and call us.

Thanks,
Oscar..

Now this is good customer service. I've heard many good story about this company & Oscar. I have little or no doubt now that the product will work as advertised. It makes sense if they changed the inside measurement that the bolt they sent originally will work. A+.

Back