A few questions for the experienced modders...

razormac214

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to do a few performance mods to my '06 FZ6 this spring, and just had some questions before I moved forward.

- I already have the Scopion Oval Exhaust installed but I am looking to get the K&N replacement air filter as well. Will the bike run okay without dyno-tuning or a power commander? For example will it be running too rich for the stock setup causing all sorts of backfiring?
- If I do get a Power Commander I was looking at the Dynojet Power Commander III USB EX. I do not know a lot about this so forgive me if these are not the most intelligent questions. Will I need a customized map to make my combination of parts run best together or does the Power Commander come loaded with a mapping that will work just fine?
- If a customized map is best then would anyone know who or where I could get one from?
- Is the installation of the PC relatively simple? Does it just sit under the seat once you get it installed?
- Any estimates of improvements I might see with all of this? I am think 4-7 hp, would that be way off base?

Any information or helpful links that you can provide would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
Will the bike run okay without dyno-tuning or a power commander?
Its gonna be just fine. You are not going to get 100% of the performance but if you adjust properly the C1-C2 you are not going to have any problems.

-Will I need a customized map to make my combination of parts run best together or does the Power Commander come loaded with a mapping that will work just fine?
The pc3 comes to you blank. You can upload to it maps from your laptop after you download them from dynojet's site. Its easy.

- If a customized map is best then would anyone know who or where I could get one from?
Just use a map from dynojet's site that suites to your mods.
Its a waste of money to create a custom map for mods like yours.
The difference between a custom map and dynojet's is not bigger than 1 or 2 ps.

- Is the installation of the PC relatively simple? Does it just sit under the seat once you get it installed?

Its a plug and play situation. Quite easy to install. Just read the manual and follow the instructions. Even my 14 year old brother can fit it.

- Any estimates of improvements I might see with all of this? I am think 4-7 hp, would that be way off base?

Its possible but dont expect wonders to happen.
A pc3 does not give you more power itself. It helps you to adjust the bike to run better with the new parts you have fitted and get the 100% of their performance.

Good luck and forgive me for my english.

Last edited:

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
A power commander will tune the ECU for the exhaust and filter mods, did you gut the cat or put in a straight pipe when the exhaust was done? That adds a little more pep to it..... there are sprocket changes and such if you must have more "feelable" power.....

Last edited: