A.I.G.=america is giving

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok Steve, we can get the pitchforks and hot tar going for the tools at AIG. At least if we go after them, we won't get branded as traitors for trying to overthrow the government...

Seriously though, what gall.

W

wrightme43

Its a start.

I think once we start though it wont stop there. LOL

All of this was done with the explicit, and intentional help of those in the government, fed, treasury, sec, and irs.

Our declaration of independence is pretty explicit on the whole its not treason to overthrow a government that is stealing from, and oppressing the people. All rights not detailed to the federal gov. are states rights and people rights.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

Pretty clear to me.

Hang them all, then pick 300 random small business owners with more than 10 employees, let them pick a leader for 4 years, and then return to elections, with the understanding of any more stupid shenigans on the part of politicians, they get the hangin too.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the writing of the ticker guy and appreciate your having turned me on to the site. :thumbup: I was curious as to who he was and what not. I seem to recall poking around on the site looking for some info on who he was etc. But then again, I've got a feeble memory so I may have found it and then just as readily forgotten...

Really looking forward to day one of the stevolution. Viva la stevolution!

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its a start.

I think once we start though it wont stop there. LOL

All of this was done with the explicit, and intentional help of those in the government, fed, treasury, sec, and irs.

Our declaration of independence is pretty explicit on the whole its not treason to overthrow a government that is stealing from, and oppressing the people. All rights not detailed to the federal gov. are states rights and people rights.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

So help me understand..as I am not too well versed on all things constitutional/political.

I think we, at this point in time have all but lost our "right to revolution" in this country, seeing that our current form of government is an Oligarchy for all practical purposes. Further, being a firm believer in a truly constitutionally based government find the current state of affairs almost insurmountable and wonder how can we take back our country? Is the right still there? was it ever? I truly wonder...

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oldfast, I think you're right on target. While we have our basic rights codified, since they were written there have been so many little creeping adjustments and strictures placed on and around them that an ability to act in a truly revolutionary manner is really all but gone. IMHO

I've spoken to or asked the group about this before. The usual response is, "well, we just have to learn to take care of ourselves and our own little world" or something to that effect. And I'm not criticizing anyone's viewpoint in making that observation. It's valid enough. But the larger point to which you speak, is one that, to me, is really difficult to unpack.

The system that we have is better than many other countries. But we all know that it's busted. The politicians lie to keep the people who fund their efforts happy. They lie to the voters so that they can get their vote. There's something about the mix of capitalism and a republic. I'm not smart enough to articulate where the rub lies, where it goes wrong.

I love it when steve gets pissed about this stuff and wants to start lynching. I agree with him wholeheartedly. It's just that, even in the context, in this little piddly moto forum thread, I would fear government prosecution for even speaking of such acts, much less even hinting at suggesting some effort of actually organizing the event. The govt. would throw me up against a wall citing the patriot act...

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I completely disagree with everybody regarding the AIG bonus payment. These executives have high-stress jobs and deserve the bonuses. Why, probably all of them have huge BOAT payments. Do you realize how expensive it is to maintain a boat? You have to pay berthing fees, insurance and the fuel bills are OUTRAGEOUS. A lot of these people are struggling to constantly update to a newer, more expensive yacht. Do you know that you can easily pay 50 million USD for a yacht? These AIG execs have a very, very expensive lifestyle to maintain.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I completely disagree with everybody regarding the AIG bonus payment. These executives have high-stress jobs and deserve the bonuses. Why, probably all of them have huge BOAT payments. Do you realize how expensive it is to maintain a boat? You have to pay berthing fees, insurance and the fuel bills are OUTRAGEOUS. A lot of these people are struggling to constantly update to a newer, more expensive yacht. Do you know that you can easily pay 50 million USD for a yacht? These AIG execs have a very, very expensive lifestyle to maintain.

I hope you are being sarcastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you are being sarcastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Sarcastic?" Nooooo! Also, some of these AIG execs proabably have HUGE cocaine habits. Look, seriously, sometimes I wish we had some "Soviet style" ramifications for these outright crimminals running AIG, and taxpayers, into the ground. And as far as this goes, some (most?) of the politicians who SIGNED off on this obscenity should be taken care of "Soviet syle" also. USA is WAY too mamby-pamby. BTW, Obama said he'd take "responsibility" for the AIG bonuses. What does that mean? He's not taking any "responsibility" for anything---if he did he RESIGN. Bush, Obama..,..they'll ALL incompetent, corrupt or too rich to even care.