Acceptable Level of Vibs

pmmcanon

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wouldn't a higher vacuum mean it's getting more air at idle. It's sucking in more air. When going to 4k rpms the values were higher. Idle screw works just fine. Can move 900-2100rpms if I want, have it sitting right at 1260-1300. Last time I had the air box off there was no visual issue with the actual butterfly valves. All moved together.

On the valve check topic, I would assume if they are out of spec they would be out on the high side (too large a gap). Not sure how you can wear things out and the gap would get smaller. So if there is an issue it could be that the valves are not opening all the way.
I'll kindly disagree :). The vacuum value is just this: vacuum... higher vacuum means less air, if you unscrew fully the sync screw you get no vacuum but fuel air. Anyway this seems not your problem, I was referring to air-fuel ratio.

weehe

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about your post while out on a ride today and wound mine up to 12,000 in second gear.,
mirrors were just as clear as at 4k (it's rare i wind it up over 6K).

Anywho, something else to check for the vibs:
- Crack loose and re-torque ALL engine to frame mounting bolts(one at a time, should be 40lbs).
-Check head to header nuts, that all are tight.
-Check rear sub frame to main frame engine mount torques.
-crack loose ALL the exhaust clamps(leave the head to header alone). You want it just slightly loose so it can find it's "happy spot", IE, a pipe putting un-due(and vibs) thru the exhaust system, then being transferred to the rest of the bike. Then tighten the exhaust back up.
-If a faired bike, check the tightness of the fairing main stay to the frame itself for tightness..
Didn't say it in my first post but did the engine mounts and exhaust previously with no change. I'll check the main stay but don't think its loose.

The previous owner did lay the bike down at maybe 20mhp on the left side. Just cosmetic damage. After you mention all that makes me wonder if that could have messed something up. That's originally why I retorqued the engine mounts and exhaust.

weehe

Reaction score
Visit site
Well to answer my own question it seems my bike has a normal level of vibes. Just bought a 2017 FZ10 and has only slightly less vibes. I'll still do the valve check eventually.